Anyone in Eastern Ohio?

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by luvwoods, Apr 15, 2010.

1. luvwoods Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'm contemplating a move to the Canton/New Philadelphia area of eastern Ohio. Anyone know the general state of offroad riding there? Trail riding, harescrambles, motocross (for my son) etc? How about the vintage scene. Seems to be beautiful countryside with lots of farm/open land. Any info is greatly appreciated.
  2. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Luvwoods,

You are going to one great area! Alot of great riders come out of that area. You will really like the harescramble/motocross tracks, Amherst, Ohio International, Western Reserve, Malvern and the list goes on and on and on.

I miss the good'ol Harescramble racing in the hills.

Fred Andrews GNCC Kawasaki Team, their dealership is in Salem? Dealership is huge! I think Broc Sellars is from New Philidelphia? By the way you should be in Vintage Husky Territory. Everyone rode alot of Husky's from Cleveland to New PhillY back in the day. You'll be about 1 1/2 away from Mid Ohio July Husky event!

Go For It!
  3. luvwoods Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thank you so much for this info. I did some internet searches and came up with some interesting motocross and harescramble sites, but there's nothing like feedback from an unbiased third party. I totally forgot about mid-Ohio too. Have always wanted to go but never have. It's a big decision with family and all in tow, so thanks again for this.

Now if I could just afford a huge chunk of land, I could setup my own HS course :D
  4. JHG67 Husqvarna
    C Class

Luvwoods, I just happen to be from New Philadelphia and am familiar with Canton as well.
    We've got some great riding areas round these parts.
    Lightning raceway, Crow Canyon, Malvern raceway and many others.
    And yes as we hate to admit it we do let Broc Sellards hang around here from time to time ;)

Check out the CRA's website for mor info
    http://intra-action.com/Default.aspx?alias=intra-action.com/cra

Jeff
  5. luvwoods Husqvarna
    AA Class

Great info; thanks!