Anyone know the Dirt Rider staff

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by wallybean, Mar 26, 2012.

1. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Dirt Rider is currently doing a side by side review of the 125/144 Husky's. If anyone has a contact at Dirt Rider if they could put a plug in their ear to test a 165 along side those, Husky management has indicated that they would possibly provide a bike to install the kit on to provide to Dirt Rider. It would be cool to have a side by side by side write up on the bikes. Unfortunately for me if Husky decided to pick up the kit it would take it out of my hands as I can't come close to providing the numbers they need but at least it might make a great kit mainstream. Just an FYI as this would be good for all Husky tiddlers and Husky in general.

I would imagine the reality would be Motosportz providing Husky NA with kits. It would just take a better equiped, staffed shop to produce the kit. Several in Kelly's neck of the woods who could do that.
    MattR, Kevin_TE250, Blakelpd5 and 3 others like this.
  2. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    Well it might not be so bad, might just free up enough time to move on to the next challenge... 250/300 extra lite?
  3. DB AZ Husqvarna
    B Class

Dirt Rider Associate Editor Chris Green, chris.green@sorc.com. Chris is an excellent test rider and would be very fair in his comments.
    Blakelpd5 likes this.
  4. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Wally I'll drop a line or 2 to DR as well. Hey Wally do you have any interest in reaching out to FMF at all?
    Blakelpd5 likes this.
  5. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I know Jimmy Lewis and Chris Dennison (actually I know Chris' dad better).

"Jimmy, I heard that you were testing the new Husqvarna 125 and 144. I thought I would put a plug in your ear to test a 165 kit along side those, Husky management has indicated that they would possibly provide a bike to install the kit on to provide to Dirt Rider. It would be cool to have a side by side by side write up on the bikes. I am currently riding one myself and absolutely love it. Let me know if you are interested and I can pass your info to them to contact you. "
    Later,
    Dwight Rudder
    MattR, robertaccio, jmetteer and 2 others like this.
  6. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

hope this goes through!
  7. boisedave Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'd love to see this too. good luck fellas!
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Had no luck with those guys. Invited them out to do several ride tests and never could get them to move on it. Also if they are advertising the 125/144 test they already did it as it takes about 3 months from test to mag. I have several open invites to several publications to come out, I'll pick them up with two bikes ready to go and drive them straight to the good trails... no real response or interest. Seems they are full of invites to stuff. Also not much response from husky USA. I don't really see Husky selling these kits nor is it a good idea for several reason. The Husky exposure would be very cool though.

If any of you guys with connections down there want to send them my way I'll make a test happen ASAP. Got bikes and trails, lets do this.

At the very least they should go ride Ajax's bike for reference.
  9. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I have offered and only live a short distance from the New Husky Office in corona

I have received e mails from both Revelle and Cory at Husky showing a intrest will keep you posted .
  10. fury1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

what about trailrider? a bunch of us race with the new owner..great exposure on any level,im sure he would fly out with that kind of offer,real good guy,i can send a link to this site?
  11. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    He can come ride mine any time. Several other huskys too. Access to them all. But Maybe it would be EZer for him to contact Norm or Joe or one of you east coast guys (they are east coast right?) My door is always open for riding and sampling the bikes. Bring it.

OPEN INVITE - ANY mag want to test a husky come on out. 165 or whatever model they wish.
  12. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
  13. Kevin_TE250 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Would love to see this happen....Sick of seeing the same Japanese 450 sx bikes every month....
    HuskyTaylor and TROFFER88 like this.
  14. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I met Tom years ago when i worked at Fastway. I just shot him a note / invite... We will see, not holding my breath.
  15. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Tomoro is the 2 stroke Nationals and I have heard Both Dirt Rider and Motor Cross Auction will be there I will offer them a ride on a 165
  16. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I have heard nothing. Did post the 165 on the husky site though :busted:
  17. guscycle Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '99 Husky CR250, '07 Husky WR125,
    Other Motorcycles:
    '10 Husky SMR450, '98 Husky Scooter
    ...would contacting Paul Clipper help?I wish he still owned Trail Rider...
  18. oldmx Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2001 WR-360.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 KTM 505
    Someone may have better luck trying to contact Ron Lawson at DirtBike instead. It seems that every time they test a non-KTM built European bike he is the one doing it. Also since Webb took over the mast head he seems more interested in getting his photo in the mag and talking about himself. Maybe if you over to let him test the bike then promise him unlimited photos of himself on the web page he will do it. Jimmy Lewis may be another choice since through the years he seems to like small bore bikes. Since he is now the editor at large with Dirt Rider he may have more latitude to test the WB-165.

Mike
  19. huskyfrk Husqvarna
    AA Class

i do believe george has built a 165 or 167 ??
  20. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    George has a 167 kit using a 1975 175GP Mahle piston.