Anyone riding between Phoenix & Glamis Turkey Week?

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Bobby, Nov 10, 2009.

1. Bobby Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TXC310Rx2,
    Other Motorcycles:
    G450X, HP2E, 10 R12ADV, GasGas280
    Buddy is taking one of my bikes out next week and I'm flying in to meet him in Phoenix on the 22nd and we'll make our way to Glamis for the end of the week and then back to phoenix to fly home the 30th. I'm guessing we'll be riding Glamis Fri/Sat and packing up Sunday for the drive back to Phoenix. He's been out that way riding before, so we'll be hitting a few ORV riding areas Mon through Thursday on our way to Glamis.
  2. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    sort of Husky ride with Husky Relic (Harden) is only another hour or so west of the Glamis dunes (ok maybe 1.5) near Salton City at the NE tip of Ocotillo wells OHVA.
    Glamis on a holiday weekend is complete goon zoo (and dangerous IMHO)
  3. Bobby Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TXC310Rx2,
    Other Motorcycles:
    I'll give him a buzz and see what the details are, been meaning to call him and bust his chops anyhow, (like he isn't getting enough of that lately, hhehe)
  4. xymotic Husqvarna
    AA Class

It's like going to the mall on the busiest shopping day only all the soccer moms and rug rats have Rhino's
  5. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    and the drunks are riding paddle tired motorcycles.....
  6. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    hope you can make it, there should be some good stuff to ride out there, it appears to be badlands (lots of canyons,rocky and hilly). i have never ridden in that area of Ocotillo. R
  7. Bobby Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TXC310Rx2,
    Other Motorcycles:
    One thing I don't do, two wheels and drinking. But I'm looking forward to playing in some sand and experimenting with a paddle tire. I'll probably be over the whole thing after one day of it, but I'm along for the ride and where the rig goes, I go. Maybe I can talk him out of the LandRover and put my bike on the hitch carrier for a day as I'm pretty sure he'll not want to tear down camp after 1 day of Glamis to head over to Octillo. If we could fit two bikes on the bike carrier then that would be a very distinct possibility to head over Sat AM for a Sat ride and be back at the amatuer hour for Sat night and leave Sunday AM for Phoenix.

we'll see, communicated with Scot last night and see if we can't get our paths to cross, or better yet get him to bring an extra press bike then our dilemna is solved :thumbsup:
  8. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    I hope he has at least one X-Lite 250 with him (any of the types will be cool). Best regards hope you can pull it off. R

Also Sat is my target day. might make fri eve, but sat morn is the target. (@ 2.5 hr drive for us)
  9. Bobby Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TXC310Rx2,
    Other Motorcycles:
    it's showing just under a 2 hour drive from Glamis, so I guess it could be plus or minus 30 minutes, not too bad and we drive that around here regularly for a good day ride.