1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Anyone with a WR125/144 in Northern California?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by JHNguyen89, Oct 17, 2011.

1. JHNguyen89 Husqvarna
    AA Class

That wouldn't mind letting me putt around on their bike a bit? I have an 08 TXC 250 if anyone is interested in trying it out. I can pay you in beer! :)

I'm in Davis, CA.
  2. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR165 w/36mm lectron.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 BETA 300RR w/36mm lectron.
    Me too! I would also like to try a wr 125/144. I could also pay you in beer. I have a 2009 WR250...
    I'm in Dunnigan, Ca.
  3. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

hit the fall gathering in a few weeks there will be several flavors to sample
    wallybean and dartyppyt like this.
  4. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    Like Troffer88 said, pop on up to central Oregon last weekend of October and you can try about anything you might want. See the Get Togethers Planning West USA section.
  5. dea9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR150, 2004 CR125, 2006 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM EXC200
    Lookup Woodschick. She seems to be the local expert out of Oakland.
  6. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    Well, I don't know how "expert" I am, but I do have a WR144 here in NorCal :)

Yeah, if you guys can make it to the ride near Bend, OR on Oct 28,29,30 there will be lots of Huskys to choose from. Last year there were about 20 125/144/167's...at least it seemed like there were that many :p

Barring that, we're just coming into the good dirt riding season here in NorCal and I definitely want to do a bit more trail riding on my real dirtbike. I've been goofing off on the 610 all summer, it seems, and haven't ridden my WR since the first week of August :eek: That's going to change pronto, so maybe we can meet up at Stonyford some day? I wouldn't mind ripping around on a 250 all day, 4-stroke or 2, doesn't matter to me :thumbsup:

A word of warning, though...test rides on a 125/144 are fraught with danger; be prepared to buy a new bike afterwards. A kind and thoughtful CH member here let me test ride his new 2009 WR125 and within 2 weeks I had one of my own :busted:
  7. JHNguyen89 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks for the replies everyone. I actually ended up selling my TXC already.. I'm ready to go to 2 strokes just need to decide which one. Wish I could head up to OR to meet up but I will not be able to get off work.

Trying to decide between GG200, WR150, and KTM200.. :confused:
  8. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    IMHO, If you're riding tight trails, the decision is simple... GG 1st... followed VERY closely by Husky, KTM 3rd. This from a guy who's owned all three. Well, ok, I've owned a 2011 GG 300 but not a GG 200.
  9. JHNguyen89 Husqvarna
    AA Class

The GG is definitely appealing, though I'm afraid that it may not right as "light feeling" as the WR..
  10. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    My GG 300 didn't feel as light as my CR 150, but the handling made up for it. I'm not sure what it is about GG, they just seem to inspire confidence in me and make me feel secure in most any situation I encounter. Don't get me wrong, my CR 150 is light and very nimble in any woods situation. For me and my anatomy and riding style I think it boils down to the fact that the GG is a shorter bike and my brain knows that I can always get a foot down in most any situation without falling. With taller bikes, I'm always thinking about that "drop off" situation where my stubby little legs need about 2 more inches in order to save a fall.
    john01 likes this.