Are All Huskys Corked?

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by Dc.allen, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Dc.allen Husqvarna

The problem I am having is that I have always been a Honda/Yamaha fan when it comes to off road but I recently purchased a SMS630 and got to ride one of the TE450s. They seem to lack a lot of power compared to the Honda/Yamaha brethren.

Is this something that you have to just deal with when purchasing a Husky/Husa/KTM with lights?

Is it possible to convert the newer Husky Motocross bikes for street so I don't have to do all this ECU flashing/changing the exhaust crap? I seems much easier and cheeper to toss a mag, light kit, and supermoto wheels/tires on a motocross bike and call it a day.
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Yes, corked.
  3. Dc.allen Husqvarna

Fair Enough.
  4. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    I think the lucky folks in Washington state can get a plate on any dirt bike nowadays. Is this correct, you lucky peeps? :cry:
  5. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

If it´s sold in Europe and has to conform toE3 ... it´ll have to be corked. Like any other performance bike.
  6. Suputin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 SMR 511
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250X, 81 Yamaha RD350LC, 90 RZ350
    What exactly does "corked" mean?

I was expecting a throttle stop on my new 511 but there doesn't seem to be one. I haven't looked at the air filter yet to see if it has the big plastic abomination in there. The dealer installed the Race Map Plug for me so if anything goes wrong I will just blame it on them. :)