ARGH! Semco iBeat cable connector compatibility?

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by AndrewS, Jul 13, 2010.

1. AndrewS Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE350s 2013 TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 TE250 (sold)
    I bought an iBeat v2 setup that was previously used on a TE310. I tried to hook it up to my '09 TE250 tonight, and the connector doesn't match. The description on the Semco website indicates that this works for all EFI from '07 through '10.

Am I missing something? The connector I'm looking at (behind the headlight) is described in the manual as a Power Unit Interface. Is this the correct connector? The wiring is W/V, W/B, W/G, B and Br/W.

This connector had small rubber inserts in each of 6 holes, presumably to keep it clean.

Did Husky change the connector for different model years? I can't imagine why, and I haven't seen anyone else post anything to that effect.

Help! I'm getting extremely frustrated with piddly little differences between model years.
  2. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Not that I know of... pics?
  3. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    Like Coffee said, pics would help. Don't take this wrong, but you know you have to take the connector plug out of the bike connector, right? Also, once the plug is out, you have to make sure you have the SEMCO plug "right side up" as it will only go in one way.
  4. AndrewS Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE350s 2013 TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 TE250 (sold)
    I wouldn't take it the wrong way, since you are trying to help me. :)

On top of that, you're absolutely right. There was a plug that I didn't realize could be pulled out. It is what had the small rubber plugs in it, which is why I thought it was part of the connector. I wonder why there are 6 individual rubber plugs within the main plug.

I'm letting my other fitment frustrations get to me, and just assumed the worst.

Ah well, let this post stand as a heads-up to future dummies. :busted:

Just as an FYI, here's the removed connector plug and one of its little pluglets. :)

Now, off to do what I've been looking forward to doing all day... iBeating. :D

Thanks very much!

[IMG]
  5. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    Either way, the ARGH! fits well in this post.;)
  6. AndrewS Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE350s 2013 TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 TE250 (sold)
    Indeed!

And now I can add another ARGH! It works fine now, but it's too late to be able to play with my CO settings without annoying my neighbours. Ah well, at least I know everything is a go for tomorrow.
  7. HUSKYnXJnWI Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09TE450
    You don't need to start the bike if doing CO settings and TPS. Sure its good to make changes - test(ride) then make changes <rinse and repeat>... but as they say: "just sayen"

every bike is different- and depending on what insert you use, on my 09TE450 I set the TPS to be 100.2 at WOT, as suggested by Mat- (adjust throttle hard stop- check WOT>read<- adjust again till 100.2 % at WOT- then accept <set> whatever the TPS says to ECU to make the zero point equal.) and Then I am at 97, 97.5, 98.5 on cO's but I have a DB Insert I made to reach 95db (simular to dbkiller)
  8. AndrewS Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE350s 2013 TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 TE250 (sold)
    Ahh, I was wondering about the WOT. It's easy enough to set it when closed (mine was 0.2), but my WOT is at 102.7, and I was unsure what I could do about it.

Thanks for the info!
  9. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Wish I knew what you´re all talking about, but I´m a thicko who´s only had carbed bikes until I got this one. What´s the best way to learn?? `Cos I feel definitely lost without being able to set carb needles & change jets.