1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Awesome New test Track, Plug pics; On the edge?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by pahusky, May 28, 2011.

1. pahusky Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 250XC '09 1200GSA KLR650
    Rediscovered a friend's woods moto track. They put a lot of work into this. It over 3/4's of a mile thru the woods and we will be spending lots of summer time here. These clips are from before I got to the better sections and ran out of battery. I have to get a better video camera and start putting some things together. Anyway, the plug pics compare a new plug and the one after this test session. The riding in the videos is about how it went for 2 hours or so. So the plug read is mostly from the main.
    For the ride...with the '09 WR125, CR ignition, FMF Fatty pipe, stock silencer
    460 Main, 37.5 Pilot, 6-chy-16 Needle - 3rd clip down, #5 slide, 40:1 Klotz R50

I think I need to bump to the 470 main and adjust the clip. My old fashion views are that this is too lean, but my moto buddies like the look of the plug. I know you can't see down in the plug, but the base is dark.

Opinions? On the plug (and the track!)

We are heading out to the PA round of the GNCC on Sunday. I don't think it will be this open, maybe a lot of rock trails.

[IMG]

[IMG]
    MR54L likes this.
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    What a fun looking little track [IMG]
  3. pahusky Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 250XC '09 1200GSA KLR650
    The track was the teaser...I knew you'd like that. It is the perfect place to run at race pace.

But, what about the plug?
  4. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    TOO LEAN !!

that thing needs to be brown. go up one, maybe two on the main and do a main jet verification test as ive described in other threads....pay attn to the porcelain only.

warm it up and get it cleaned out as much as practical.
    install a new plug in a warmed up engine.
    start the bike and jump on, go WFO in first, second and at least third gear....then, pull in the clutch, chop the gas, hit the kill switch all at once. do not let it idle. then, read the plug. dark brown? we are safe for now and ready to go to the next circuit. if it is lighter than that, it's lean. black and oily? go down one size and redo w/ a new plug.
    always do main jet verification with a new plug

http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/jetting-your-two-stroke.13934/