1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Ayone ever switch out two stroke breaks for 4 stroke brakes?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by firecrotch, Oct 30, 2012.

1. firecrotch Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 950SM
    I think my brakes are fine but I desperately want to take advantage of that new lhrb they make. After a couple phone calls I found out the new lhrb is listed for WR's but drilling deeper into the website you find out it's just for their four strokes. Mainly the problem is reservoir is half the size on two strokes. Could I do this without spending a ton?
  2. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    I did it on my previous WR.

Actually, the parts from a '08 CR125 make it the easiest to do the swap. Straight bolt on.
  3. firecrotch Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 950SM
    Huh i wonder why husky would have gone with a smaller less powerfull brakes in the later wr250/300's? Strange. Thanks
  4. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I would be afraid of what the brakes would be like if they were any stronger than they already are on these models!:eek: I had to find less grabby pads for the front one just so I wouldn't kill myself locking it up with only one finger.:excuseme:
  5. Blair7 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300, 93 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 WR250F, 01 YZ250 2t, 98 VTR1000
    Uh oh! Are we talking about the rekluse ones here? I have one on the way already! :eek:
  6. firecrotch Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 950SM
    Yes. If you get it working let know what you did. I called rekluse and they asked if it fits. I said no theny said "oh ok we dont apparently have a working one for two strokes." Its like huh...dont tou people know your product.
  7. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    The current LHRB kits that come with the mountain bike MC aren't available for the WR250-300 that use the older type MC with a remote reservoir. In the past Rekluse supplied a kit that would work, but eliminated the foot cylinder for hand actuation only. Currently no kits are available for hand only. The other bikes (except 610-630) use the later style MC with an internal reservoir that the Rekluse makes their kits to fit. One way to make the available kits work would be to change to the other style MC. The bolt spacing is a little different, but wouldn't be hard to do.
    I have LHRB setups on four Huskys including a WR 250 and they are all a little different, so there are