1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Back on the crack... (125)

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Motosportz, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    "Back on the crack"... this is something a buddy of mine says when he buys these nasty mini-mart style burrito things he likes. Funny. I am using it here to describe how I feel about 125-165 bikes. Like an idiot i agreed to sell my amazing WB165 (09 WR125 with Walts 165 kit). WTF was I thinking? Need money for the biz and had a bunch of bikes and he gave me the hard sell and REALLY wanted it. Good friend I have known for many years. Long story short my WB165 now lives in St Louis and is well loved.

Flash forward to a few months ago and i land a pretty beat 04 CR125 (my third 04 CR125 BTW) for cheap. The swing arm bearing were so bad they had mashed the swing arm pivot and it was nearly impossible to get out. Finally Tim Troffer (Thanks a ton Tim) cut it out and I was back on the path to getting it on the trail. I swapped out the stock pipe for my Doma, replaced the swing arm pivot bolt and bearing, new wheel bearings, new steering head bearing (no maintenance was done tot his bike ever it seems). Got a Seat Concepts seat built for it. my third of their fine produce (slightly taller and wider). Finnaly after owning this bike for three months i get to try it out.

Well I am "Back on the crack". these 125 are ridiculous fun. Obviously I already knew this having owned about 6 of these in the last ten years and that 09 was my main bike for almost 2 years, rode that thing everywhere. When i traded off with my own very good and fully updated GG250 a friend was riding it felt like a 450 pig. Saturday rode with a buddy with a very nicely setup 2011 TE310, a light and fun bike... feels like a pig in comparison. These 125's are simply to much fun.

So this was the shakedown rides and the bike is a winner. Super light feeling, VERY strong stock motor (with Doma) that simply rips and no bog anywhere. The 2000-2008 CR125's seems to run very hard. I have a few things to address and i have all new plastic and graphics to put on it now that i know it is the goods.

yep, back on the crack... 125...

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Since i installed the 165 kit I have not rode or raced my WR300 Plus now after finishing the Last man standing on a 165 I beleive the 300 will not see much use any more
    I strayed away but I am back ,165 for life
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Yep. 165 kit coming and I already scored a very cool looking Doma KTM SX200 pipe i am going to put on it... will RIP. Getting a complete makeover this week (had the parts for months)
  4. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Man I can't wait to ride my 08 CR WB165 again and your post ain't helping :D! Still waiting for the suspension. I will also get to see how the new tires and EXP will feel. You guys are right they are crack bikes :applause:. Hey K will Motosportz be selling those fancy wooden kick stands for the CR's?
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    why? they are freaking everywhere for free. :D
  6. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

LOL it just threw me for a minute seeing a "kick" stand on a CR. Oh...and I ride mostly MX and putt behind grandkids in my field neither of which has those fancy natural stands :D. All kidding aside the one I got from you for my 09 TXC510 worked like a champ.
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I'm going to weld some tabs on and put a Trailtech kick stand on there. :thumbsup:
  8. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I could kick my own butt for not doing that BEFORE I had my frame powder coated black!
  9. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    I like the old frame too and the 04 cr I test rode didn't need a 165 kit
    More fun as a 125. Why do older crs work better than some 09 crs? ignition?
    jmetteer and R_Little like this.
  10. motocrossmr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '15 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '05 PW80, '12 KX 65
    Kelly your bike looks sweet! It reminds me of my '99 WR360. That bike was a brute! I don't know......I might like Huskys blue and yellow color scheme more than the red and white! I liked it when they had the wr bikes in one color and the cr's in another.
  11. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    It is about to be white and blue, no yellow. Going to be cool.
  12. firffighter Husqvarna
    AA Class

13. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    that looks pretty clean to, someone snap it up.
  14. Kyspeedfactory Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR300
    an 01 for 1300...trying to sell my 06 with a 144 for 1600....2 calls is it...crazy
  15. Gotlabs Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 CR144 X 2!
    I really need a 125/144. I couldn't believe how much fun they are......I love having to "set up" my daughters bike all the time.
  16. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    Preaching to the choir.
    I'm fully and completely twacked out on 125.

I've really spent the time to set this thing up and its paying off as the most fun bike I've ever had the pleasure of riding.
    And it's taken my riding to another level. It is the absolute sweet spot of power, handling and braking IMO.

I got my forks back from the tuner recently and he nailed it this time. I cant say enough about how well this bike works, especially with the pogo sticks feeling like Cadillac struts.
    I'm hooked for real. Screw cheater bikes! :D
  17. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Yep it's crazy just how long it can take to "set up" a fun bike. I have my 12 and 10 year old grandson's both telling me I can't sell my 165 because they want it. Little do they know it ain't going no where but Papa's place.
    Gotlabs and Kyspeedfactory like this.
  18. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike
    I've been hooked on the crack ever since my so-called friend PC lent me his crack for a 25 mile ride. I was out looking for crack myself the next day.
    tnttimber likes this.
  19. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 wr144 with lectron carb, stuff!
    Forget about an intervention, I'm stayin' on it!:thumbsup:
    john01 likes this.
  20. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Amazing how three hours of work can pay off. This bike went from kicked in the corner, no one loves me, to glamor queen... and I aint done yet :D

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Still a 125 but a 165 is a must now...

[IMG]
    motocrossmr, 454x, john01 and 3 others like this.