Back to Death Valley...mostly pics

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by jckid, Jan 26, 2011.

1. jckid Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Previsouly owned: SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250X, KLX351, CT110
    Work has been cutting into my forum time [IMG], so I haven't been posting much lately. I don't have time to do a full ride report now, but I thought I'd at least post up some pics. I wasn't on my Husky this trip. I was on my KLX250s instead--hope that's ok[IMG]. You can see my Cafe Husky sticker proudly displayed on the back of my chest protector though. [IMG]

My husband and I were wanting to go somewhere with more sunshine and warmer weather, so we went to Death Valley for a few days. While there, we rode through Titus Canyon and out to Teakettle Junction. I'm on the KLX, and my husband is on a Honda CRF230L (the little bike in the pics, haha[IMG]).

Anyway, sohere's my better half on his 230L at the beginning of Titus Canyon Road:

[IMG]

And here's me with my KLX on Red Mountain:

[IMG]

This is at leadville--a ghost town mid-way through the canyon:

[IMG]
    Coffee likes this.
  2. jckid Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250X, KLX351, CT110
    Starting into the canyon:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Exiting the canyon:

[IMG][IMG]
    WoodsChick likes this.
  3. jckid Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250X, KLX351, CT110
    The next day...Road to Teakettle Junction:

[IMG]

At Teakettle Junction:

[IMG]

Heading back:

[IMG]

[IMG]

A stop at Ubehebe Crater:

[IMG]

It was a fun time, and we learned something on this trip. Washboard roads are like sand. The faster you go, the better it is! Oh, and one other thing we learned...Antique suspension like on the Honda totally sucks! [IMG] The only reason all of my husband's teeth didn't rattle out, is because I took pity on him and let him ride my KLX part of the time. [IMG]
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Cool looking area to ride around in and explore. Thanks for posting.
  5. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    wow ... That canyon was cool .... Great place for a ambush but it would be a long shot down to the floor ...

Probably be too spooky to stay over at night in that ghost town ...
  6. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    So the road through the canyon is a one way road? Excellent if you want to haul a**. I would love to ring out a TE 630 through there. Good pics. At first I was like what! is this a misplaced ADV post. lol
  7. jckid Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250X, KLX351, CT110
    Yes, it is one way. Funny thing is I didn't remember that until I was half way through, so I spent half of the ride watching for traffic in the corners and going slower than I could have. And yes, I suppose this would have been better suited for ADV. I posted my last trip to Death Valley on my SM610, so I thought I'd post something with a little less pavement.
  8. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    Nice pics and of course we forgive you for riding a lesser bike form from time to time.
  9. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    Well, I think it is perfectly suited for Cafe Husky! I always enjoy your reports, regardless of whether they're paved or dirty [IMG]
    mnb likes this.
  10. jckid Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250X, KLX351, CT110
    Thanks. I guess I just feel a little more cool when I'm on the Husky, but the KLX has worked out surprisingly well. I've wanted a TE250 for quite some time, but really the KLX is a better choice for a slow, "see the sights" rider like me. I just need to try to get my husband off that 230L. The suspension is totally unbearable!
  11. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Don't we all [IMG]
  12. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    Riding the Husky always puts a smile on my face. Except when the Husky falls on my foot and keeps me from riding for a month... [IMG]
  13. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Huh? What happened?
  14. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    The TT track was slick. And I didn't realize it until I was on it. I've seen less fishtails at a seafood restaurant and I wasn't even gassing it, braking or leaning at all. Went down at maybe 10mph, but I guess it landed on me just right. It's been over four weeks now and I'm just finally not limping, although it's not fully healed. I couldn't even shift. I think the footpeg slammed down on the top of my foot, but something also impacted just above the ankle right on the calf muscle and achilles heel tendon.

The worst part was my day of riding lasted about 90 seconds. I rode out to do a few quick laps on the TT track to warm up and dumped it right off. :(

Oh well. I've learned my lesson well about the dangers of the TT track. Slick top + hard base = no riding for mnb

I probably won't get out dirt riding for a couple more weeks, too, due to other plans...
  15. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ouch! That's a bummer...[IMG]

The obvious response to such an incident would be to buy a lighter dirtbike. You know, for safety reasons; it's a "health" issue [IMG]