Baja 1000 claims Kurt Cassellis life

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by firecrotch, Nov 15, 2013.

1. firecrotch Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 ktm 950SM
  2. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Stunned before and after reading the article ---

--

Life and riding well done Mr. Cassellis -- R.I.P

--This sucks ... I am so at a loss for this young man ...

--

Little more thought and I'll just add please do the right thing for this situation ... Just do the right thing to honor this young man, at this moment in time, for what he has given to all the world and esp to us in the dirt biking world ... I'll go out and drink a few more redhorses with my friends here and just ponder mankind some more. But I'll never understand such selfish acts to absolutely innocent people...
    WR Chris, wait4me and hawaiidirtrider like this.
  3. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

So sad to hear. A talented ISDE rider. Damn. Godspeed Kurt.
  4. hawaiidirtrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1982 430 cr
    Other Motorcycles:
    01' cr 250 honda, 01 300ec, Beta 525
    This is so sad.. just stunned. What a great racer.. He was so young. at a loss for words
  5. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    These are the events that just slam life down in our faces ...
  6. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    He was also a multi-time Hare and Hound champ, too. Not to mention America's bright future at Dakar. :(
  7. MikeB Husqvarna
    AA Class

The best all-around dirt bike racer in the World and a truly, truly good person.
    I shocked, pissed, saddened, and my heartfelt condolences go out to all of those who raced bar to bar with him.
  8. MattR 2T Forum Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ1
  9. WR Chris Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki KX250F
    Such a horrible event. May he rest in peace watching over us riders. May the low life scum responsible for this burn in Hell for eternity.
  10. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    This is racing at its cruelest moment, us fans of racing are never really ready for this even though it's close to us. Sadly Kurt joins the greats on this list, Woods, Senna, Earnhardt, Meoni, Sainct, Symons, Lalay, Cavandoli, Jefferies, and of course Hamel. This list is longer still of course but these are who immediately come to my mind.PS the booby trap thing is not a substantiated fact its just internet chatter, a bunch of others went through the same spot, with no issues, dont let blame cloud the mind without factual data.
  11. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Stunned! RIP
  12. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

They now think that he hit an animal and not a booby trap. He was in daylight hours and nowhere near spectators. They found evidence on the bike when it was recovered.
    robertaccio likes this.
  13. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    I am hearing it was nearly 2 hours before anyone found him and then 4 hours for officials to get to him.
    Seems to be a safety and organisation issue that needs addressing
  14. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    wrong, y'all gotta stop repeating internet BS
    PS edit--- this was not so much at dig at rockdancer just a general dig at all the bs flying around.
    FatDaddyMX, 310huskyTE and Xcuvator like this.
  15. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    Point taken but the information was from a fellow racer who was there and searched for him
    Arriving shortly after he was found . According to them .
    Understanding the circumstances is important for the future safety of other riders and how safety can be improved . Getting to an injured rider ASAP after the event.
    robertaccio likes this.
  16. joedirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    This is just my observation. I was following the race all day on the score web site. KTM and Honda were within minutes of each other all day. Kawasaki ran into problems and that put them about 70 miles behind. I know Robby Bell is the rider listed for the Kawasaki and from Taylor Roberts response to all the internet chatter He and Brabec are Bell's teamates.(correct me if I am wrong)
    If the Kawasaki rider (who was 70 miles behind the leaders) was the first person to find Caselli that would have been about a couple of hours from the time of the accident. Again this is just my observation.
  17. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Its the Baja 1000, you know your no where near help when you head out. RIP Kurt.
    Blakelpd5 and Eaglefreek like this.
  18. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Joe,
    I didn't follow it, but saw some stuff on facebook and then saw a post on KTM Talk. I think 1x and 2x bikes had trouble at the same time. The Honda had some kind of collision and destroyed its front wheel. A helicopter had to bring a replacement. I'm guessing that these two leading bikes, stopped in their tracks gave time for the Kawi team to catch up.
  19. joedirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    I know. There a couple of guys that a know that have done the 1000. The one guy has been going out for the past 6 or 7 years. He tries to talk me into teaming up with him. I would love to go but it would have to be in something with a cage.
    robertaccio likes this.
  20. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    even then its risky. I have been invited tot he Baja 500 and 1000 several times. I suck at fast races and don't want to roll the dice so i don't go. One year I had a full ride opportunity. Bike and all was ready to go all I had to do is show up. Just could not bring my self to take the risk.
    robertaccio likes this.