Baja, Mexico-What a ride with LetsATV

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by jwhuls, Apr 26, 2012.

1. jwhuls Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TXC 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2004 DRZ 400
    My wife planned a trip to SanDiego to visit friends. I decided to check into some riding.
    As a solo rider, this was crazy expensive. I could have just bought a bike and ridden for less.

I had called a couple places trying to get added to a group, but had no luck.

the week we were to leave I got a call back from LetsATV. They said they had two riders and one wanted a big bike. the price was right so I thought I would give it a try.

Crossed the border into TJ early in the morning and met the driver there easily.

The other two were a couple and she was going to ATV. I was a little worried at this point.
    then I found out the guy has a FMX ramp. I got excited again.

Then as we were gearing up about an hour south of TJ, I noticed he didn't even put on knee pads or a roost guard. I suited up with the ballistic jersey I brought with me and the rest of their gear.
    I started to worry again.

As we were staging, she was having some real trouble. that's when I realized that we would have a guide for the bikes and a guide for her ATV. Then the greatest thing happened. They put the couple with the ATV guide on a lite trail and Phillipe took me out alone into Baja.

It was awesome. We rode hundred miles or so. stopping at a desert watering hole a couple times for 'hydration'.

It was so much fun that I set up an overnight ride for the next week.

They picked me up at the border and my new best friend Phillipe and I took off for the ride.

It was great. we actually ran some of the Baja course. Then the night in Ensenada. This town is fun!

Then another great day of riding. almost 400 miles in three days of desert and mountain riding.

I can't wait to go back.

Jeff
  2. benwiggin2 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008Te510
    Other Motorcycles:
    2008 HD Dyna
    sounds interesting. bring a camera next time :oldman:
  3. jwhuls Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TXC 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2004 DRZ 400
    I have a coule pictures. I haven't ever used Tineye and such so I haven't ever put pics on this forumn.

sorry