Baker to Laughlin

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Stroker Ace, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Stroker Ace Husqvarna
    AA Class

Finally got to ride Mojave Road!! Been wanting to this for a long time now and it was AWESOME!!! Staged at the Valero station in Baker Fri. morning with CA Stu (ADV rider fame) as my wing man, we were rolling at 8:55am. and we were in Oatman Az. by 4:00 their time where we saw a Burro go number two on the front fender of a beautiful Harley The Gods were with us!! Then on to Laughlin via Silver Creek Road, 12miles of manicured dirt road and stayed at Harrahs. Took a shorter faster route back Sat. morning and home early afternoon.

[IMG]

Check in on Mojave Road

[IMG]

Nice to be on the trusty Husky that far from nowhere.....

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Fort Piute. I lost a dollar bet here. There is water in the creek year around!!! Lots of neat history out there.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Ran right into the Colorado River, turned right rode to AVI (about a mile), got gas and on to Oatman. About 115mi. at this point.

[IMG]

[IMG]

This is the famous Burro that left the deposit on the Harley, Stu laughed for 5min. I scrambled for my camera but couldn't get it fast enough.

[IMG]

Note fresh deposit at front wheel!!!

[IMG]

[IMG]

Getting ready to head for home, it was a fast trip back so no more pics. We'll just have to go again next year....

[IMG]
  2. benwiggin2 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008Te510
    Other Motorcycles:
    2008 HD Dyna
    so how many miles round trip was it?
  3. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

sucrose free fudge!! lol guess we know were they are gettin their fudge from now
  4. Stroker Ace Husqvarna
    AA Class

About 140 out and about 105 back, we cut a lot dirt out on the way back, we we're in a little hurry to get back. From Baker to AVI was about 117 including the 4mi. side trip to Piute.
    benwiggin2 likes this.
  5. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    What kind of speeds?
  6. jfoulkrod Husqvarna
    AA Class

Looks like a great ride. Thanks for posting.
  7. Stroker Ace Husqvarna
    AA Class

All kinds!!! Cedar Cyn road was good for 100+ but I kept it around 85... Averaged 25 to 30 going, averaged around 50 coming back but 30mi. of that was blacktop
  8. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    Nice ride! Wouldn't mind doing that one myself. I like the photo of the long sandy road stretching out into the distance, and I dig the opportunity to experience some of this state's cool history. Thanks for posting up, Stroker! :thumbsup:
  9. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    Good stuff, it is interesting real estate out your way. Looked like a hoot. Thanks for sharing
  10. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Looks really desolate out there .... That big creek makes it liveable though...

Nice looking, small country town for sure ... Any beer sold there?
  11. Stroker Ace Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yes you can get beer and most anything you want. Oatman is what they call a "Living Ghost Town" It was a mining town in the 1800's and now a major tourist destination. The Big creek...LOL...LOL.. I love it!! Out here we are all facinated by the Colorado River, It's Big Water to us......( well the pacific ocean isn't far from my house), I'm calling it the big creek from now on man!!! Thanks for that..... I didn't get pictures of Laughlin, but it's a big gambling town with running water and everything.......
  12. Stroker Ace Husqvarna
    AA Class

If you and your bikes find yourselves near Barstow some time, I'll take you out there...... wink wink nod nod......
  13. rajobigguy Administrator

Is that invitaion open to you're little brother too? When we hit the river and start heading south we could just go a bit further and stay at my place at the lake.
  14. Stroker Ace Husqvarna
    AA Class

That's a big 10-4 Blue Leader....... Now that I've done the recon., the next trip will be even easier......
    rajobigguy likes this.
  15. Muddy Waters Husqvarna
    AA Class

:lol:
    Thanks Stroker, made me laugh
    Looks like a cool little trip
    :cheers:
  16. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    Sounds good! Would be fun to get rajo out there, too :D
  17. RollinHusky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TC 449, 2016 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    1978 Yamaha 100 something!!
    My parents where in Oatman not too long ago, and on Harleys!!! They weren't red though, thank god! I've never been that way but seems like an incredible place to ride. Thanks for sharing!
  18. Stroker Ace Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'll see if I can find a few more pictures...... I should have taken some in Laughlin but I didn't

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]