1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Bar Risers

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by mikebru, Jun 9, 2011.

1. mikebru Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR250; 2012 TE449; 2005 TE450
    Where is the best place to gain about an inch in bar height w/bar risers for a 2005 TE450?
  2. mikebru Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    What I meant to ask was where to buy the risers.
  3. LawnDartMike Husqvarna
    AA Class

PC makes an adapter to go from 7/8 bars to fat bars that would raise them about an inch. Or you could use it to make the case to the wife that you need to raise the bars and the only way to do it is with an under the bar stabilizer kit. [IMG] It worked for me....
  4. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    easy to fab up from bar stock if you have access to a lathe...little more than a spacer with longer bolts. maybe double up a pair of factory ones with some whittlin'? i dont know off hand where to get direct replacements other than optionals that may be avail from the factory...
    bent70 likes this.
  5. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    I thought someone mentioned Huskys makes them as a OEM part????[IMG] Maybe give your local dealer a shout and ask.
    Or just like pvduke said make a set up.
  6. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    yeh ive had so many bikes.... some had an option for taller ones but owner supplies bolts etc...pretty sure it was my of my gen II husyks TC or SMR i think....most asians have a one piece clamp so...
  7. mikedbike2002 Husqvarna
    B Class

If the bar mounts are the same as a 2006 SMR510 I can machine you a set of 1 inch risers. Just the risers and you buy the longer bolts,shipped $16.00. With the longer bolts $27.00 shipped. mikedbike2002@gmail.com
  8. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    thats a smokin deal!!!
  9. mikebru Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Thanks, Mikedbike2002. I'm going to measure what I have there now. I think the previous owner may have installed something on his own. I want to make sure they are not 1" now. I'll probably take you up on your offer if they are not 1".

I checked the diagrams at Hall's. The only diagram they have is for a TC-TE250/2006 (no 450 at all). With the exception of spacer number 74 they look identical.
  10. wilmar13 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE350S
    Other Motorcycles:
    1190R
    I used a washer stack and longer bolts to get 3/4 " higher...Used it like that for some time but wanted more.

Finally got around to ordering a set of 2" Rox risers to get more height, but it looks like I am going to have to do some hack cable reroutes for both hyd lines (clutch and brake) to make it work, and it still creates bad compromises. You have to flip the throttle, and everything electrical is fine.

Anyone know where I can get slightly longer brake and clutch hose?
  11. MontyCarlo Husqvarna
    A Class

I'm 6'6" so I am cramped on any bike until I raise the bars and lower the pegs. I installed 2" Rox Risers and flipped the bar mounts around. I had to reroute the throttle cable but everything else was fine. Maybe a few zip ties replaced.
  12. Auslander Husqvarna
    AA Class

I cut some 1" aluminum bar stock with a hacksaw and drilled a hole in the middle. Then got a longer high strength bolt with locknut.
  13. wilmar13 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE350S
    Other Motorcycles:
    1190R
    Yeah, when I had the ¾” stack I also have the mounts flipped, but The Rox pivot so I put them back to normal so it wouldn't matter. I have exhausted all adjustment and routing and in the happy spot my clutch cable (going rearward) and my brake cable (going forward) are both taut so at a minimum I need to extend one of the cables to create slack for the other.

I have my forks to the top of the triples (or rather the top of the triples is even with the top of the forks) so if I dropped it down 1/2” I would be OK, but I would rather keep it up high.

I found some generic brake line kits at Dennis Kirk that would work for the brake, but I would still need to tilt the bars rearward for the clutch cable. The clutch is the one that is the real show stopper. I will pull the tank to see if I can reroute it more directly. I just hoped that a longer cable was easy, but with the hydraulic fittings, I am not sure where to get one.

How much are your forks extended above the top of the triple clamp? Is your clutch cable routed under the fuel tank?
  14. wilmar13 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE350S
    Other Motorcycles:
    1190R
    Oh wait, I bet the TE/TC cables are longer because your fork is longer travel so maybe that is why you don’t have issues with the hydraulic lines? Hmmm… maybe I can just buy the TE lines?
  15. Runner Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE510
    mikedbike2002, I've got a 2006 TE-510 and interested in a pair of 1" tall risers. Can you post a few snaps?
  16. wilmar13 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE350S
    Other Motorcycles:
    1190R
    Well according to the 2008 parts manual they do have different brake lines, but same clutch. No idea on the length difference… anyone know?

Brake
    TC-TE 8A00 93036
    SMR 8A00 A1706

Clutch
    TC-TE-SMR 8000 A2841

Looking at the parts schematic it occurred to me I could probably get a hydraulic fitting (like a 45 deg elbow) to extend the lines at the control. Dumb idea?
  17. kjclark7 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE510
    i installed a set of rox risers 2" x 1 1/8" x 1 1/8" but had to take out the factory spacers to get the rox to fit. i also flipped the mounts and all is good :thumbsup:

[IMG]
  18. wilmar13 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FE350S
    Other Motorcycles:
    1190R
    KJ, yeah I see that you clutch line has slack... I must have my routed or zip tied incorrectly. Will look into it.
  19. jlk_250 Husqvarna
    A Class

Any update on this? I just got a 2" Rox riser set and so far it is the throttle cables that are way too short. Do I have to reroute them or rotate the throttle housing? It's too soon to say if the clutch and brake lines will be a problem or not.
  20. kjclark7 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE510
    did you take out the factory spacers that are under the mounts? look in the pic, they would be where the yellow arrows are.
    what year bike do you have? i can tell you that all i did was take the spacers out and add the rox risers. no fitment issues or cable length problems.

[IMG]