1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st barkbusters discussion

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by motosapiens, Mar 4, 2010.

1. motosapiens Husqvarna
    A Class

I don't want to redo the same learning curve i've had with other bikes.

I have had the best results with the Enduro Engineering handguards with the new countour style clamps. they seem much less bendable than cycra or other brands i have tried. It sounds like the clamps for magura bars would be the best bet for the bars that come on my 09 wr300, whatever they are. Can anyone confirm?

Or am I better off using the triple-clamp style mount? Those seem like they would have possible issues with different bar heights and stuff and require some bending or customization to fit. Any experiences to share?

And of course option 3 is to just get some flex bars and their mounts and cycra handguards. Tresa got a good discount coupon from flexx for winning a national hare and hound race, so they wouldn't be quite so expensive, but still not cheap. Otoh, if it turns out i want a different bend than stock, it might not be too much more than some other quality bars.
  2. Joliet Husqvarna
    AA Class

3. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    I'm going to buy those HDB guards next time. My buddy did some testing for the owner on his CRF and loves them. Ride/Kelly gave them a great review too.

I like my Cycra's, but I dont like having to pound them back into position after every lay over. It's time for some triple clamp mounted ones for me.
  4. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Everyone has there favorites but I am back to the standard Enduro Engineering ones.

I tried the Fastway as I like the idea of the mount in the center. I also like the looks of the hand guard shrouds. I ride a lot of tight stuff and try to keep my bars wide. I hit more trees with the Fastways (Cycra style) as I think they are not as rounded on the ends as the Enduro Engineering ones. There are lots of people who are fast with them but I took a few good hits trying to adapt. I just have gotten so used to the old style. Cycra does have a new series one that is not dipped on the ends for more protection to the sides of your hands. You just have to find what works best for your type of riding and comfort zone.

I have now switched to using Bonz handguard mounts (thanks to Kleeman's bike on here) with a standard hand guard. http://www.bikebonz.com/images/sitebdy/purbdy/hgm/of_hgm.htm

They fit really easy and sturdy, have 3 mount holes and very simple to tweak into place. There not cheap but will last for several bikes to come.
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    +3 on the HDB ones. Great stuff / no issues. Mounts to the center clamp so no issues with cable routing etc. Well tested. Have them on most my bikes now.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  6. Bradass80 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I've got the all plastic/composite Cycra ones on my 08 WR250 and really like them. I decided to try them after reading reviews about guys getting weird vibes and characteristics from the metal ones. This is my first two stroke and I was already concerned about the vibrations coming from 4stk to 2stk. They're pretty cheap too and have held up really well. I got the ones with the Magura mount and they fit great. Brad.
  7. Rick Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 GasGas EC 200 , 05 YZ 125
    Now.....those will hurt a tree:applause:
  8. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    while not in the same league as the HDB's....i'm getting great service from the UFO barkies with the alloy inserts. the clamps are beefy, the wedges are indexed and the bar end of the alum wrap is notched so they dont spin and are they are super affordable.
    they also dont break off where they are drilled at the clamp end like the Cycra Pro-Bends do. i've used one set of those and that'll be my last.

what a load of garbage pot metal those Pro-Bend's were :thumbsdown: . not even worth welding.
  9. razornpc Husqvarna
    AA Class

im really happy with the probends i have on both bikes.
  10. kzoo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 295
    WOW! Those are nice! Better start saving my pennies, or just tell my wife that they've been in a box in the garage all winter, just haven't had a chance to put them on 'til now...:thinking:
  11. husky123 Husqvarna
    A Class

Another one here for HDB.

[IMG]
  12. gixxerw1 Husqvarna
    A Class

Cycra pro bends with triple clamp mount and bar end inserts to keep em tight, never had them move yet on my daughters race bike or my bike.
  13. Poopy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165

Wow that looks awesome.

but whats the deal with the agreement at the bottom of their page?

"I agree to always use my shields on my guards."
  14. Flyin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 300
    Yes, they work well. I have the EE 50-136B.

Attached Files:

15. ozzie Husqvarna
    AA Class

husky123 Mate, they look good is that a standard colour or did you do that yourself? I would love a set in red :thumbsup:
  16. husky123 Husqvarna
    A Class

I had Paul anodize a set blue for me. If you call him he may make some in red too. He's done it before. Thanks.
  17. Phoenix Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TXC 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2 Ducs, 14 GG 200, 13 Husa 300
    Here are the ones I have tried:

Moose regular bend: 3 Sets on three different bikes. Valuewise, these are pretty good. Back in the days when I fell a lot, I did bend a set to the point they had to be replaced.

G2 Ergonomics: great handguards. They are very thick. We have had two pairs of these. One pair is on Troy's 450 TXC with pro-taper bars. Cycra low profile enduro shields were a perfect fit.

Cycra Pro-Bends w/U-Mount: I have mixed feelings about these. The metal is thick and the hardware is nice. However, they were an absolute pain in the a** to get on and didn't fit my pro-taper cr his without a lot of elbow grease and the clamps never did go all the way together. Maybe they would be better with a solution mount or something. I had to redrill the holes to get their self-tapping screws to go all the way in (for the shields). Now that they're on, though, they are solid as a rock. I just hope I don't have to take them off anytime soon. I really like the bend. For the price, though, I'm not really impressed.

Those highway dirtbike shields sure do look nice. We might end up with those next time if we continue this dual sporting.
  18. ozzie Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husky123 please excuse me for my ignorance Paul? and his number? :excuseme:
    Cheers Kel
  19. husky123 Husqvarna
    A Class