Barrett Marketing Group (cdn Husq Dist) Bankrupt

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by ScottyR, Feb 4, 2012.

1. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

The CDN Husqvarna Dist (Barrett Marketing Group) declared bankruptcy on Monday. Husq NA will be taking over the distribution within 45 days.
  2. Pedec Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Is this a good or bad news for us CDN husky riders. I thought husky might be gaining market share in Can.
  3. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

SHORT TERM it will be bad for dealers who dont stock parts or for customers who need units. I am lucky as was a Husq NA dealer before BMG took over. My old dealer number is being re-activated next week. I will be able to access HNA parts warehouses within a week or 2 max. The President of HNA assured me personally that things should be "normal" within 45 days.

LONG TERM it will be way better for Husqvarna riders in Canada. Bike and parts prices will be dropping and parts will be shipped to dealers within 3-4 days from the US warehouse.
    Ruffus likes this.
  4. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Sounds almost like a good thing, to me. I don't care for "Marketing Groups" or Investment types in the moto biz. Just means we're paying maximum mark up when they're involved.

Moto people need to sell moto stuff.
    J.R. likes this.
  5. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

What sucks is how badly they screwed the CDN dealer network and Husky riders over. I am embarrassed to say how much money they owe me.
  6. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    And the beat goes on ...
  7. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Hope you norther Husky dealers pull through this and do end up in a better deal in the end. Good luck.
  8. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    I wish you the best on your recovery and it looks like brighter days ahead.
  9. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Wow! I hope Husky NA pulls the pieces together.
  10. Ruffus Husqvarna
    AA Class

Any chance Husky NA will step in to help with whats owed to you? That really suck's.
  11. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

I dont know. I hope they help us out somehow or they could be losing the 2 biggest dealers in Canada.
  12. Pedec Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I had the same thing happen to me when the company that buy the oil we produced went under and left owing us one whole month of oil production. We went together with some other small oil companys and got 1/2 are money back but it did cost alot of legal fees and 1 1/2 years later before we got paid.
  13. eastrider Husqvarna
    A Class

just hop that we will get better service when husqvarna take over and maybe a few more dealer ship and distribution true bmw motar would be nice too
  14. Planepower Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TC 250/ 450 6spd, 2007 SMR 530
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducat 1198S, SV1000, CBR125, DRZ125
    Well that explains why Ive been waiting 2 months for a voltage regulator. Thanks for the info ScottyR!
  15. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I thought you were all happy with them when they took over? things went south fast???
  16. Slowpoke Husqvarna
    AA Class

I've never been a fan of using 3rd party distributors in Canada. I remember in the early 90's after Arctic Cat had re-org'd after bankruptcy & used Eastern marketing(former name of Barrett Marketing) to distribute sleds in Canada. Granted AC couldn't financially handle distribution outside the US for a few years so they didn't have much choice. However, using Eastern Marketing only served to ensure a 10-15%+ markup on sleds and 20-30%+ everything else AC sold in Canada(over and above the lopsided exchange rate at the time). Not to mention that EM was also very abusive & unfair to dealers.......

Finally by the late 90's AC came in and kicked EM out and took back distribution, but there was a pretty bad taste in most dealers mouths by then & many had quit.

If Barrett marketing went belly up, well.........:thinking:
  17. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

Were you waiting for the regulator from us? I will be able to access the US parts warehouse this week. I am the only guy as of today who will be able to get the stuff from the US as they are working on some logistical issues and I am the guinea pig.
  18. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

It was the best of the worst when they took over. I am not looking for sympathy but as of today they owe me $35000 that I have little to zero chance to recoup so that may explain my bitterness.
  19. Planepower Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TC 250/ 450 6spd, 2007 SMR 530
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducat 1198S, SV1000, CBR125, DRZ125
    If anyone here in the great white north can do it, I'm sure you will do you'r best.
    Sad to hear of that large of an amount is owed to you.
    I'll call you or Rob later and chat.
  20. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I was just wondering what changed because I remember you speaking highly of the deal at the time. $35000 is ridiculous, hope you get it back.