1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Base gasket thickness & performance

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by lankydoug, May 9, 2012.

1. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    My friendly dealer advised the the two easiest ways to gain performance on my WR250 was an aftermarket pipe (FMF Gnarly... check) and to put a thin gasket in where the cylinder meets the case. My gasket from the factory appears to be .015 or less so I doubt if there is anything to gain for me but I was wondering if anyone else's WR250-300 came with a thicker gasket. My 250 has more power than my skills can use but I thought others might want to know this.
  2. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    Alters the exhaust port timing slightly and compression - thinner more low/mid and thicker mid/top.

If you had to to want to go lower than you really need to calculate your squish area and get the head skimmed...then you have to readjust the exhaust timing depending on how far or much you have skimmed the head.

l've never done it but a few racer mates have blueprinted their 2t engines just to the the middle of a manufacturers tolerances and the smoothness and reponse is pretty bloody good.
  3. kx3089 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    I hab RB Designs set my squish when my bike was new(08 wr 250).Now I will use different base gaskets to keep the squish correct when doing a fresh top end in case of any variables with the piston.
  4. windsurf Husqvarna
    AA Class

Buy the race head - cheap as chips, and gives a big boost to bottom end and mid range. Takes only 30 minutes to fit and increased the compression on mine from approx 155 to 185 psi.