1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc bending head pipe

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by franhoser, Aug 29, 2010.

1. franhoser Husqvarna
    A Class

on my 09wr250...

my head pipe keeps bending at the first bend out of the exhaust head, just before the expansion chamber where it loops around. i bent the stock pipe this way when I first bought the bike and off course when it bends like that it butt's up against the rad hoses coming from the cylinder and water pump. this has caused some overheating issues for me. so i decided to get a gnarly pipe and sure enough second ride same thing happened.

does this happen to anyone else. i was thinking of putting some reinforced bar from the frame to the pipe in that area to stop it bending in towards the hoses. any ideas greatly appreciated.

pipe guards don't work. they make it worse I think cause it reinforces the pipe section which causes it to bend at the first bend not reinforced. that's what happened to my stock pipe.
  2. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    The stock pipes may not be too good and this is really a downer as pipes are very important for 2T :( ... How hard would it be to fit a good, strong pipe on a bike that has a great engine? Not sure what the factory is thinking here .... 2 me, that is the most obvious flaw in the bike ...(and has been for yrs)

My 02 CR250 had the PC pipes and they were pretty strong but they bent also ... This was the one long term problem I had with crashing the bike ....

I just had to stop crashing on the left side as I went through many many pipes ... Some guys in OR can straighten back to about new for about $50 plus shipping or just hold it in a vise and place a bar in the neck and bend it back ....

There are some metal pipes that will replace the rubber hose the pipe rubs up against ... I used a zip ty to pull the hose back away from the pipe ...