1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Bent radiator

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by billyp10980, May 25, 2012.

1. billyp10980 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yesterday after a long ride on nasty, rocky, gnarly singletrack trails I had no problems. Well almost no problems I fell a couple times but no damage.
    Of course I load up my bike on the trailer and leave to go home and I hit a bump. The bike came loose and landed on the side of the trailer. The rt radiator now has a nice dent in it and is squashed a bit on one side. There are no leaks that I can see but the stock loovers or plastic guards or whatever you call it are pushing out just far enough to brush the front fender when I turn the handle bars.
    I know there are places to send out the radiator to fix the bend but I was hoping there may be a way for me to bend it back out enough for now without causing any more damage to the radiator and making it leak. Of course I will be investing in some guards now.(I know, a little to late) Any suggestions on how I can bend the radiator back would be greatly appreciated.
  2. marcmo0 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ250
    Send it to Mylers. I know you dont want to ship it off, but chances are you are gonna pop a leak if you bend it back ( if it doesn't have one already) they are magicians and inexpensive
  3. billyp10980 Husqvarna
    AA Class

From what I read Mylers is very good. I did bend the tabs a bit and made some careful adjustments. No leaks and I can steer without the fender touching now. After so some upcoming rides I think I will be sending the radiator out.
    It just sucks the damage happened when I was on the way home and not on the trail.