1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Best Husky?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Jayhawk Ken, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Jayhawk Ken Husqvarna
    B Class

Which of the current Husky lineup is the best bike? Best, as in best in class.

For example, if you ask someone what the best GG is, the most likely response is the EC300. And for good reason - that is an awesome bike.

Is there a Husky that is in that category? Based on what I've read on this forum, I am beginning to think the WR125 is Husky's best enduro bike.

Discuss.
  2. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    Welcome Jayhawk.
    Come on over to the "Welcome to the forum! Introduce yourself here! " And tell us a little about yourself.:thumbsup:

The WR-125 is a great bike, But so is the WR-300.
    If you want to compare a bike to the GG EC300, I'm sure the WR-300 would give it a run for it's money.:D
  3. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    :lol: Now THERE'S an open question!
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    TXC250/300. Best do it all around bike IMHO. MX, trail, DS, etc. it will do it all.

WR125 is a great bike if you want a 125 but they are not for everyone.

TXC450/510 are awesome performers but can be a bit of a handful int he tight stuff.

TXC250/300 splits the difference and accels at a lot of things.
  5. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    I agree Kelly TXC of any size would be best.

But I think JayHawk is comparing GG 2T to Husky's 2T:excuseme:
  6. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    OK, I'll bite. I've ridden both bikes and I own an '09 WR 300. The GG is the best tight woods 2T big bore I've ever ridden (2007 model). The GG seems lighter and more "tossable" than my WR300. A bit more predictable (handling-wise) in the tighter, single trail stuff. I would own a GG EC300 if I could afford to have two big bore 2T's in the same arsenal. Unfortunately, I can't.

That said, the Husky WR300 is more versatile than the GG as an all-around big bore 2T. It will quite simply embarrass the GG (and the KTM 300) at WOT. The Husky's power delivery throughout the throttle range is smoother and more forgiving than the GG (much smoother than the Pumpkin). Hill-climbing (of any kind), the WR300 wins again with its predictability and 4T-like throttle response and torque.

If 95% of my riding was tight, single trail, technical stuff... I would trade my WR 300 on an EC 300 tomorrow...

... If only life (and riding trails) was 95% certain...

*DISCLAIMER* The above opinions come from an old, fat, has-been rider who's best days occurred when Gerald Ford was in the Whitehouse.
  7. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
  8. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

LOL I have two Huskys and they are the only two I have ridden and I couldn't tell you which one is the best. They are the 09 TXC510 and the 08 CR125. Two totally different bikes as you can imagine but both special in their own ways. So the 125Cr is the best Husky play bike and the TXC510 is the best power line open trail monster. So there you have it. Oh...welcome to the site. PS I will have a WR300 soon so I can fill in the gaps!
  9. Jayhawk Ken Husqvarna
    B Class

Wow - this is an active forum. Just posted 2 hours ago and already 8 replies. :cool:

Yeah, WoodsChick has the angle I was getting at - which bike is Husky's modern day masterpiece? For some reason, I have gotten the impression that the 250/300 2T's are getting a bit long in the tooth, especially compared to their lighter orange competition. But I have yet to read a bad review on the 125s.

I honestly don't follow the 4Ts much so can't comment there - but seems like the 'Bergs are the gold standard in thumpers. But then, for what they cost they should be.:eek:

Thanks for the warm welcome - I will try to get over to the intro thread soon.

Cheers,
    Ken
  10. razornpc Husqvarna
    AA Class

the bestest husky ever is my 2006 wr144(BB).

i love this bike !
  11. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

TXC510 is the open desert king.

610 is surely the ds king, at least for that size.

The new TC250 might prove to be the best MX bike for that class, time will tell. I gotta think the new TXC250 is gonna be best of class.

Not sure if the other Huskys are truly best in their class--they are great bikes, but there is stiff competition for the 450 dirt bikes. I think the Husky are as good as any.

WR125 has got to be on top. Not sure if the 250/300 smokes are truly better, but they are in the hunt.
  12. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  13. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    HEY! WR300 riders aren't weird!