1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Best Route To 144?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by water racer, Sep 24, 2011.

1. water racer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

http://www.knoxenduro.com Knoxville, Tennessee
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Beta 250RR
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Husqvarna WR125 1997 Fantic
    In the beginning we had the EG 144's but many seemed to have problems. Then the factory kits came out and they were good, but seems like I remember a comment by Walt about having your 125 cylinder bored was the best way to go.
    If that is true, who is the best?
    GP
  2. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Walt is the best! My 144 is outstanding! I haven't tried the EG or the Factory 144 but I will say my Walt special has some serious grunt for a 144 and it's so smooth down at a crawling speed and still rips on top with no big unexpected hit. My bike is a 08 CR so I don't know how much difference that makes.
  3. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

The reason I like using the 125 cylinder and bore it to 144 is you get to custom fit the power valves and get a much tighter clearance-better sealing. The oem cylinder is great but they just bore the 125 cylinder and reduce the depth of the bore holes for the power valves. They do not re-port the rear transfer so it ends up being lowered a couple of mm and you lose some breathing. With those two items and the clean up of your exhaust and knife edged transfers nets you a great running 144. Also adjust the machining of your head for the desired type of gas. Just some thoughts for you to mull over.
  4. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Definately Walt,

You'll get great results. My cyl I bought that I sent to him was another companies grenade. The powervalves didn't even match and tolerances were off.
  5. water racer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

http://www.knoxenduro.com Knoxville, Tennessee
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Beta 250RR
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Husqvarna WR125 1997 Fantic
    Sounds great, but I remember Walt saying he was not in the business, do I need to find someone to bore and plate, or Walt are you up for doing another one?
    I am in no hurry, wouldn't want to do it until I get the rekluse in for my TC250.
    GP