1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Best WR 300 best pipe ?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by PJBlank916, Apr 10, 2016.

1. PJBlank916 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 300 (soon)
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Crf 450r KDX 200 CRF 450X
    Should I buy a stock pipe or a FMF gnarly ? I currently have a PC platinum and it's very pipey want some more down low and good smooth also it signs off very early what's the best pipe ? Best silencer? Will a 2012 stock pipe fit a 2009
  2. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    I had the pro circuit on mine and changed to stock . I am not sure if its the jetting change but it seems to sign off earlier than pro circuit
    It probably tones down power delivery - feels more 4 stroke like .
    I want to do more testing to know which I prefer

I would think that the 09 and 12 and a the same fit .
  3. PJBlank916 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 300 (soon)
    Other Motorcycles:
    OK hopefully we can hear from somebody wih a FMF so I can compare it
  4. hesutton Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 WR300 (SOLD)
    Other Motorcycles:
    2021 Sherco 300SE 2002 Honda CRF450
    Have an FMF Gnarly and Q stealth silencer on the WR300 now. 13/50 gearing. PWK carb. Lots of grunt and useable low end power.

I bought a Pro Circuit Works pipe and 304 silencer to try, but I've not had the time to give that combo a whirl. My guess the power will move up in the RPM range a bit though.

Heath
  5. hesutton Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 WR300 (SOLD)
    Other Motorcycles:
  6. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    On the 250 I've got a Gnarly and TC2. I passed lots of poor souls in a desert scramble yesterday that couldn't negotiate tight technical or slippery hills on big 450 thumpers. It's a proven combo for me.
  7. PJBlank916 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 300 (soon)
    Other Motorcycles:
    OK thanks mates !
  8. jerbear610 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    14' WR300, 11' TE511, 06'TE610 sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    11' Husaberg FE570, 15' Beta 300RR
    If you're looking for more low end grunt then the Gnarly is the one. FMF Gnarly and JD Jetts is a winning combo for the WR300. It worked well
    for me, anyway, for N.Cal woods s/t.
    Borntoride71 likes this.
  9. Coyote Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300, WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha XT660x
    ;)I recently Installed the full factory Pro Circuit system on my 2013 WR300. Surprisingly I feel that the stock pipe has more bottom end, and the Pro Circuit more punch in the mid range.
    Another problem is that the exhaust header comes out LOWER than original, so the all in one bash plate and exhaust guard does not fit without spacers, which affects the ground clearance.

Cheers,
    Coyote
  10. Hurky Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR300 2010
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR480F 2008
    Really nice trail, I love those. Have you tried that CR5 ? How does it compare to the WR3 ?

Regards.

PD. I also think that the FMF Gnarly is the best bid for low-end torque and the Q-stealth seems to be the most silent muffler, something I would like.
    I am still using the OEM pipe and silencer, I'm happy with it...
  11. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Beta 350RR & 1986 430XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    1975 Rokon and 2004 Kawasaki KX65
    I liked the stock setup but squished my pipe flat.... went to a Gnarly with Q Stealth and really liked it... for me the best improvement was the Rekluse.... I sure wish I had that bike back....
  12. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    I bought a 2CS pipe, not knowing what it was at the time, which works with the stock silencer or the FMF and compared to the Gnarly pipe it is better everywhere. The Q-Stealth is quiet but heavier and doesn't help performance, If I had it to do over again I would buy the TC2 silencer. My bike is a 09 wr250 and what is stated above from 300 owners hold true for the 250 as well.
  13. hesutton Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 WR300 (SOLD)
    Other Motorcycles:

That's all we really ride. When we go on a riding trip somewhere, we only go to places with motorcycle only single track. Heading down to Highland Park in Georgia at the end of May. Crazy good and difficult single track there. Never had the WR on those trails before, so I'm excited to see how it does.

As far as the Service Honda CR500AF... I LOVE that bike. It's like having two pipes on the same bike. It has loads of low end power (stall proof with a heavier flywheel) for single track. When the trail opens up, and the RPM's climb past the midrange, it explodes forward like nothing else I've ever ridden. Bottom end is very similar to the WR300, the top end on the CR500 is way better. My only "issue" with the CR500 is that it vibrates more than the WR, but that's like saying fire is hot. Big two strokes vibrate.

Oh, and for bench racers who say a modern 450 4-stroke is just as strong as the "old" 500's.... They have never ridden a 500! My CRF450 is a NOT a match for the Five-Honey! Not close actually.

If I had 12K to spend on a bike, I would have gotten a CR500AF. I didn't, so I got an awesome ride in the WR300.

Heath
    Hurky likes this.
  14. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    I think it depends on the rest of your setup. On my 300 with Rekluse, Lectron, G2 throttle the Gnarly was too mellow on top and I didn't notice any improvement down low, maybe because it was already really strong off the bottom. For me the stock pipe with QStealth worked great and even a fresh stock silencer is good. I've got a PC pipe and silencer to try too, thinking I could lose a little bottom if it gains some mid and top. I think stock pipe and TC2 silencer would be a good combo. If you don't need the spark arrestor the FMF PC silencer should perform well.
    :cheers:
  15. marcmo0 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ250
    If you have a PC pipe and it is signing off early, you may want to check your main jet. PC is definitely as you say, more pipey, than the FMF. Which is known to have more low end and sign off early. I have a PC for that reason. FMF on my YZ was great low to mid, but killed the top end completely.
  16. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    So you have a PC pipe on the 300 or the YZ? I just did first couple of hours on a fresh 300 with fresh stock exhaust, going to do a couple more to get a baseline, then test the PC pipe. Already I think the QStealth pulls better off the bottom than fresh stock silencer with the stock pipe. I've got a used Platinum pipe and 296 spark arrester waiting.
  17. Eaglefreek Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300
    There are more than one type of Pro Circuit pipes, so it would probably be good to point out which one you have when you all say PC pipe. Such as Platinum and Platinum 2.
  18. marcmo0 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ250
    Good call. LOL WR 300 has a pro circuit PC2 w 296 silencer/spark arrestor. My YZ had a FMF fatty pipe on it, but its twin-my buddy's YZ had a FMF Gnarly