Big Bear Dual Sport Ride Big Bear Calif

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by ajaxauto, Jun 28, 2010.

1. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

This past weeken was the Big Bear ride in the mountains .The ride is set up so you can do all easy or all hard or mix it up BUT if you think you can handle all he hard way figure al least 12 hours to do 188 miles
    I have been doing his ride every sunner in June since i got my Street Legal Husky 510 back in 2006 Every year there are more Husky showing up but we are still out numbered by the orange crew For more stories about this year event go to www.district37ama.org look it up in the message board under off road and dual sport
  2. rajobigguy Administrator

Have you tried the annual Moonlight madness ride? It's appropriately named.:D
  3. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    fotos???sections???
  4. rajobigguy Administrator

I have a couple of photos from the midnight madness event but since they were taken around midnight there really isn't much to see other than my buddy and our bikes.
  5. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
  6. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Yes i got the plaque and so did my Sons girlfriend Amy Both Amy and i left Matt broke down on Gold mt and went for a finish .My storie goes like this .I do not ride the 510 much have not rode it since last Oct when i marked course for the 100s National .Anyway filled it with gas and then tryed to lift it off the stand .I thought it was stuck to the stand because it is so heavy compaired to the 125 .Put it in the truck and headed for Big Bear got there Fri night signed up and went to sleep
    Up early sat morning with Matt my son and Amy his girlfriend turned on the gas to leave at 5,30 am and the carb is leaking .Great neadle and seat are leaking .Take the seat and tank off rotate the carb and clean
    the neadle and seat But back together and it still leaks so i think must be floot to hight Take apart again adjust and try again and it still leaks Now i figure it has to be the o ring behind the neadle and seat .Take apart and sure enought it was BUT where to get a o ring at 6am Walked around asked everyone who might still be there and no luck Then i think o ring from a masterlink .With a little work and some chain lube on it it fits Put the carb back together and now it is leaking from the gas line into he carb .OK another o ring from my masterlink
    Back together and no leak finally get going at almost 8am So i knew it would be at least 8 pm before we finished .First 80 miles no problem
    we all know Matt can ride but Amy can also hall she was on a 2009 Yamaha wr 250 f the factory street legal fuel injected 280 pounds dry
    heavy bike Which we got cheap at a Copart auction was totaled because of a scrached tank and a brokemirror .Quick stop for gas and over to Gold Mt where Matt breaks a chain We had 3 master links but non would fit his chain So we left Matt to wire it together and limp back to camp Now Amy and i had 100 miles to go We go another mile and Amy falls over and breaks her shifter tip No problem we will just bend it over and it will work About 20 miles later Amys front brake hose comes loose so we stop and tighten it up and try to bleed it We get some brakes if you pump it.Now we got to really move to finish
    Over to White mt down to devel hole which was almost 3 feet deep
    Thru Arrow head stop and get some more gas and head over to deep creek up Rondo Ridge Then my GPS quit and it was getting dark hard to read my roll chart
    We made it back to Gold by about 8.30 now dark and we have to ride that hill in the dark ,me with a stock Husky Headlight about as good as a flashlight and Amy on a 300 pound dual sport after 12 plus hours
    Anyway we get to the bottom and see check 7 and we get our last check stub9.15 and now can ride the street back to town You bet we got the plaque best one so far We will be back next year all 3 of us
    BUT i need to find a way to plate my 125 .Hey Robert you finish next year on a 610 and i will buy you dinner
    I have done this ride 5 times and have 3 plaque I have raced and won
    Baja ,Vegas to Reno ,Nationals Hare and Hounds ect and i will tell you this 188 mile dual sport ride is HARDER then racing It will take the best riders about 12 hours to do 200 miles and get it done at a safe speed
    Remember this is a RIDE not a race bike must be a dual sport BUT must work like a dirt bike Gee that is what a Husky does
    One of the best rides out there
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Sounds like a 2011 TE310 would be the ticket there. :thumbsup: