1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc BIG gas tank options for the WR 300?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by DaveI, Dec 28, 2010.

1. DaveI Husqvarna

I'm looking at the KTM 300 or the Husky 300 for my next bike.
    I'm moving to the desert where gas is a long way away so I need a big tank to do long rides. I know I can get a 6.3 gallon tank for the KTM. What about the Husky? TIA.
  2. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
  3. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The gas tank on a WR 300 is the same fit as a 2006 or 2007 TE or TC Husky 4 stroke There are companies which make a Dakar rallie kit for the 4 stroke so those kits should fit your 300 I use to have a KTM
    640 Adventure which came with like a 7 gallon tank stock you do not want to ride a bike with that much gas it is no fun at all Unless you are a dual sport rider and are ridding the bike with in its intent
  4. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The IMS 3.4 and 3.9 also fit !
  5. DaveI Husqvarna

Thanks for the replies...I tend to ride hard all the time so my fuel mileage really sucks on most bikes...My current bike I've got a 4 gallon tank on and I can get somewhere between 2 and 3 hours of hard riding on it...But not sure what kind of MPG the Husky 300 would get under hard riding...I can say though that I'm going to an area of Nevada desert where there is no fuel around for miles so you gotta bring what you need...With big tanks it's not essential that you fill them when going for a short ride but if you're going out exploring or on a long trip it's a good idea to even if you have a top heavy bike for the first hour or so ... much better than walking back through the desert...
    I'll keep exploring tank options as I really do like the look and details of the Husky but if I can't comeup with a big (Like 6 gallon) tank I'll probably have to go KTM...Thanks.
  6. DaveI Husqvarna

Does anyone know if the Husqvarna 610-630 tank might fit the WR?
    JustGasTanks says the 25 liter Safari Fuel tank for the Husky 610-630 is coming out next year...That would be a winner for me if it would fit the WR...

http://www.justgastanks.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_5_132&products_id=1506

7. Sandgroper Husqvarna
    AA Class

Can someone clarify why people are saying the 4 stroke tanks fit the 2 strokes?

My 510 did not have a hole thru the guts of the tank like my 09 wr300. I mentioned this in a previous thread as well.

Any pics of the 4 stroke tank fitted to a smoker would be appreciated as I need a larger tank before my next race ;)
  8. frankrock363 Husqvarna
    A Class

05 to 07 te tanks fit. I have an 09 WR300 with the IMS 3.4 gallon tank part# 112415. It is made for a TE but fits the WR. I own a 07 TE450 and the 09 WR300 and all the body work is the same. 08 and newer 4 strokes are different.
  9. Sandgroper Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks frank.

Can you post a pic of your IMS tank?
    Are they available in transparent like the clarke tanks?
  10. frankrock363 Husqvarna
    A Class

11. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    Follow my links in my earlier post above. The tank is listed as a 4 stroke tank by Clarke and it easily mounted on my 09 WR300.
  12. Marvin Fredrich Husqvarna
    C Class

Have you actually installed the IMS 3.4 gallon tank on your 300, because I bought the same tank and it slides onto the pucks all the way but then sits above the frame about 2 inches and is not very stable. I could use some help on the installation or modifications to make it work.

Cheers

Marvin