1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Big Rear Brake with Shark Fin

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by ajaxauto, Jan 23, 2013.

1. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

DSC00139.JPG DSC00139.JPG DSC00139.JPG DSC00139.JPG DSC00139.JPG DSC00139.JPG DSC00139.JPG DSC00139.JPG DSC00139.JPG Well I finally got the new rear brake caliper holder with shark fin.The new Shark Fin lets you mount up a bigger rear rotor like the rest of the Husky line up.you can also mount your new bigger rotor
    direct to the hub no more rattling small rotor with over heating brakes.All the other Husky use a bigger brake so now so can a WR 250/300.

Attached Files:

pvduke, 454x and Tinken like this.
  2. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

DSC00142.JPG Trying to add pictures

Just look at the difference is size from the 250 to all the other husky stock rear brake

Attached Files:

3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Looks good. I would like a solid mount on my 125 because between that and the loose kick starter my bike sounds like a can of nails going down the trail :>) I'll never do anything about it though as i have never overheated it nor need more rear brake as we average 12-15 mph in the woods.
    juicypips likes this.
  4. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The 125 already comes with a big brake like the rest of the Husky It is the 250/300 that comes with a small one As for a cure on the 125 JUST install a rotor off a late model 449/511 like in the picture just bolt it direct to the 125 hub That is what i have done on my 125 with no problems
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Mine is on 04 which i think has the smaller brake disk.

[IMG]
    mkfox likes this.
  6. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

My 2 125s are 2006 and a 2008 Like I said I just mounted the rotor direct to the hub no more floating rotor just the caliber floats It works just fine If the swing arm is the same between the 2004 and 2006 just change the caliper braket and you are good to go
    Nordic likes this.
  7. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Jeff at Halls has 5 of them and Ty at Zip Ty has 10 of them ready to go
    Tinken and pvduke like this.
  8. PowerKord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR 250 Sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Sherco SE-R 250
    I wonder how much heavier that is than the stock set up?
  9. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Feels about same to me plus it now has a protected bigger rear brake that does not fade One of the cheapest improvement I did to the bike that really works
  10. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Glad I had it on this weeken at the DMC National where I moved a big rock at speed with it
    no damage to the rotor and I finished the race
    454x likes this.
  11. PowerKord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 WR 250 Sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Sherco SE-R 250
    OK I ordered one!:cheers:
  12. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

You will be happy The way I look at is You need a shark fin so then all you have to do is get a rotor and you now are done.Then if you have a 125 you can also swap the wheels back and force between the 2 bikes
  13. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Just got off the phone with Zip Ty Racing a new batch of Caliper Brakets with Shark Fin are ready

You can order them direct from Zip Ty Racing or Contact Jeff at Halls Motorcycle shop he has a few he ordered for stock
    lankydoug likes this.
  14. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    Between the Ohlins and the big rear brake you'll have me in the poor house yet.
  15. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR165 w/36mm lectron.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 BETA 300RR w/36mm lectron.
    Cant speak for the olins but the big rear disc and shark fin work really good and Halls has everything youneed to do the switch.
  16. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

do not worrie once you get the parts on you will not ever want to stop ridding it so you do not need a house be it poor or regular
    454x and lankydoug like this.
  17. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Well, I went ahead and ordered the brake kit. Can't wait to try it out.

It will probable be after I heal up from my wife beating me to death with the check book. :lol:
  18. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Once you ride it you will forget about the price When things work you are happy when they do not the price is always on your mind
  19. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Yeah, I know. I'm going to win more races now, so it's all good.

It's OK really, 'cause my wife beats me pretty regularly. Makes my hide tuff. :D
  20. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

My wife of 31 years came into the garage the other day She stopped and looked around then said to me Are all 5 of these Husky really yours She then shook her head said that she should look around more but i got lucky her phone rang and she left Know any good hiding places