1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc bigger tank for wr300

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by shawbagga, Nov 16, 2011.

1. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    hi everybody...anyone know if theres a decent larger capacity tank for 2010 wr300 other than the ims one(dont like that gap!) or safari one(too big, like my shrouds!). something around the 12L(roughly 3us gallons i think it would work out to) mark would be good. acerbis or clarke maybe, translucent would be the shot too. 2 strokes got so much room under tank that could be utilized while still maintaining great plug access. im being real picky but would like to keep seat/tank junction flattish similar to stock tank. am i wastin my time searchin and should just keep lugging fuel in my backpack? help my backs gettin sore!
  2. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    The Clarke tank works fine.

[IMG]
  3. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
  4. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    thanks for the reply, i thought that was the safari tank-my mistake. would like to keep the stock shrouds but will keep in mind
  5. Bench Racer 117 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 WR250
    I have the same issue. I hate the gap. I ended up putting a piece of foam in there just so it looks filled in. I have seen a pic in the "Post your Pics" section (pg. 4, post #67) of a blue and yellow bike that had the perfect tank. It sits low and covered the huge area above the cylinder. It's how I would want my tank to fit. I'm sure it wouldn't fit with the newer plastics, but it's something to look into. If you find anything, post it back on here please.