1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Bike dies while riding in 6th gear.

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by High Society, Oct 8, 2013.

1. High Society Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TC250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 DRZ400sm
    Last week went riding the 125, the bike just died while riding. It happended 4 times. Every time in 6th gear. The first 2 times, the bike would start after 4 or 5 kicks, and felt strong. I thought maybe the float needed adjusted? But it would just die without bogging. The 3rd time, I couldn't get it kicked started. Took out the plug, looked fine, and I was getting spark. Was able to bump start only by being pulled. The bike seemed to run just as strong as before. The 4th time, I couldn't get it started at all. I was being pulled again, and was able to start it about 300 yards from the truck. I rode it at low rpm to the truck.

Once to the truck, I shut off the bike. and I was able to kick start the bike easy, with no problem. Took a 25 minute break, and started the bike again. Rode it around the truck hard and no issues. So we went for another ride, went for over an hour with no problems.

What could have been the issue? The 2nd time, I felt I tried to stay out of 6th gear/didn't ride as hard? I'd like to figure it out, before I ride the bike again. The spark plug I have in now is, "BR9EV" Manual states "BR9EG" Would that be a problem? Thank you.
  2. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR165 w/36mm lectron.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 BETA 300RR w/36mm lectron.
    Sounds like you may have a bad ground wire somewhere.
    High Society likes this.
  3. tnttimber Husqvarna
    AA Class

Sounds like it could be a gas tank vent malfunction.
    High Society likes this.
  4. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

+1
    High Society likes this.