1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Bike sold

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by rockdancer, Dec 20, 2010.

1. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    I am not sure if i have done the right thing but I had half heartedly listed my bike for sale and now a guy came and wanted it so its gone ... I woke up and thought what have I done

I have some parts which may be of interest -
    an immac. 08 cylinder , near new 38 PWK carb , possibly a coil, cdi and stator/flywheel for an 08 CR 125 , and a new DEP exhaust system inc muffler which I have paid for but is still in the UK waiting a decision it was 110 pounds - good price + 60 pounds freight which hasnt happened yet. :busted:
    I have a contact who is parting a CR 125
    PM me for any further discussions
  2. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    A question that may be answerable by Walt - would the 08 CR CDI work on a 09 wr125?
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I do not think so. They look quite different.

K
  4. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

You can use the 08 CR ignition on the 09 WR125 but you have to swap out everything from flywheel/stator, to CDI, to coil and all the wiring harness. If you want to add lights you will need to have the stator wound for them. Not a really hard thing to do as I have done it but you need the whole kit-n-kaboodle.
  5. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    Thanks Walt - maybe I ll get the parts and wait for the right bike to come along again
    I probably wont be annoying you all on this website as much for a while
    cheers for all your help especially Walt , Darin, Kelly , PVduke and everyone
    your a good bunch and Yanks aint so bad after all ...
    keep up the good work and have a merry and safe christmas
  6. husky430 Husqvarna
    C Class

Will your PWK carbie work on my 250 (I'm asumming its the carbie that you all swap the mikuni for?) with some rejetting. I've got a 2002 WR 250 and although it runs well I've always wondered what all the fuss is about. If so how much are you looking for it. I'm in northern NSW so not much drama with posting it or coming and collecting it.
  7. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    It is funny how you get attached to bikes. Especially when sellers remorse sets in. I just did the same thing when I was crating my son's RM up.
  8. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    What are you getting next rockdancer? Don't say an e-start KTM...might have to call ya a poof:thumbsup:

Jay
  9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    No need to be a stranger, still part of the family even if you cut you right arm off (husky) :D Good luck and happy holidays to you too.
  10. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Takes about 10 minutes Last year we took my 2006 CR 125 stuff off and installed it on a 2010 WR125 and went racing After the race got it back and reinstalled it in about 10 minutes.I rode the 2010 WR 125 before and after the change and it was 2 completly different bikes
  11. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    please elaborate.
  12. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

John just hit the nail on the head...two completely different bikes. Yes the swap is fast and straight forward. Adding lighting coils takes a little time. I now have one done by Ricky stator and have wound one myself to try it. Really a piece of cake to do it your self.
  13. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Kelly,

Other than the faster spool up which is good in some ways and bad in others, the cr makes more mid and less of a soft spot than the WR. All my tests on the dyno are done with virtually no adjustment to the linkage. :excuseme: I adjust it just to the point of where it has a little tension on the upper spring~20% of the way up. No bog, no flat spot. Can't get away with that on the WR ignition. The 167 with the spacer plate and the larger valves is adjusted all the way at the bottom.

It isn't all due to the re-ground PV's either. The re-ground valves create definitely more on the bottom/mid but with the WR ignition it still has a soft spot. Maybe advancing the timing/race gas/RB head mod would fix this but I haven't tried the race gas.
  14. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    Id ride a ktm - like the quietness of the pipe and an estart would be ok
    - if they work
    I d definately get another wr either a 125 or 250 - just hard to find locally I only know of a couple in this state - what is ist the size of Texas? I have one lined up will have to se how it goes - its looking good though... I would have done a good deal if it comes off.
    I like to change bikes a fair bit.

Id definately like to try using the cr ignition and getting some more fun out of the wr . I like the top end but I think in a 125 form at least it needs something more...
    I like the size of the 125- 150 though mainly as I can pick it up and throw it around - to be honest though Ive never ridden a wr250. Would love to find a good one but they are mostly down south.
  15. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    The 250 is a totally different bike to me. Still great but bigger way faster, looses a lot of the flickability but gain huge power. Kinda opposite of the 125. Hammer tough. Great dependable trail or race bike for pounding it out.
  16. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Get a 250 ... You will never want for power anymore\anytime and you will say wow ....Where have you been my whole life ... They dominated dirt bike riding for the casual rider for about 3 decades till the 4t arrived and they are still a very good fit for many today ... Just not too big or not too small ... Sort of like 36-24-36 ;0 ) ... Sent from heaven ...
  17. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    Yeh I would prefer 250 this time around but they are dearer. Yeh i know I need to man up . Ive had KX 250 2004 before and didnt like the lack of top end. It felt slow to me.

I wanted a wr250 last time around as well. But I like adopting orphans. Ive had too near new wr 125s which were bargain prices and found another one - Its hard to sit and wait I normally rush out anmd buy the first thing that comes up .
    Ive also found a nice TE450 2008 but last time I had one of those it was an 04 and I liked the power but it was hard work when the hills get really steep . I do think maybe the 08 would be better though. I also like the simplicity of the two stroke.
    Decisions decisions.
  18. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Huskies small bores currently seem like they are top-end based ... a little weaker on the bottom but strong mid and top ... Same with my 08 TXC250 ... A little weak on the bottom but screams out the top ... It's a very good overall bike for all kinds of riding ...

But I re-purchased my 02 CR250 ... :) ... I'm a 2T guy really ... And I have a WR ignition coming for it also so I can flip / flop it for tracks and trails ...

PS -- I have only ridden a few asian bikes but they all had very good low RPM stuff but as the rpms built, nothing much else happened ...