1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Billet clutch basket?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Schony, Aug 2, 2013.

1. Schony Husqvarna
    A Class

So this is my story, got a 11' wr300 few weeks ago and love it. It has some major clutch drag so I tried all the adjustments (including the pushrod) couldn't get it to go away. Tried Type F, Rotella 15-40, and motrex and no major changes. Last night pulled clutch apart and the discs are good at 3mm plates also look very good. Pulled basket and it had 2 major groves towards the bottom on the outside and on the very bottom on the top of the gear it had major groving. Everything inside the bike looks great... The guy I bought it from said his buddy had a 300 thats why he got this one but didn't like it? I am pretty sure he pulled and swapped some parts with his bro's bike :( anyway this winter I want to do a rekluse clutch but I will need a new basket it looks like. Anyone make a billet basket? Oh and today I am ordering a MP terminator cable will see if that helps.

PS sorry no pic's was the last thing on my mind last night at 12a.m. I can take apart again next week if needed
  2. Schony Husqvarna
    A Class

Called halls and it's about $350 for a factory one :(
  3. msmith345 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '12 WR250, '92 360, '80 390
    Other Motorcycles:
    '72 Yamaha R5, '17 SV650
  4. Schony Husqvarna
    A Class

I called them and they said they don't do it for the wr300? is the cr250 the same?
  5. msmith345 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '12 WR250, '92 360, '80 390
    Other Motorcycles:
    '72 Yamaha R5, '17 SV650
    Yep. You can pull up the parts diagrams for the 250/300 and compare part numbers if you want a little more peace of mind. I have an '02 CR250 bottom end sitting on my bench at home, and everything except the transmission gears is the same from what I've found.
  6. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
    talon racing in uk may do one, failing that send them your basket and they will make you one.
  7. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    We need to get with Barnett and see if they will make a basket for our bikes. There was a thread about this some time ago, but it died off. It should be pretty easy to make, since they use Honda plates like about 1/2 the bikes out there do. So, the primary gear fit up is the only part that may need work. I'm not sure how close a Honda basket is on primary gear fit with the Husky gear, but it might even be the same.

Barnett uses the stainless finger covers on their baskets and are the best I've seen. I've never seen one wear.

BTW; I agree, the '02 basket is the same as your 300.
  8. Schony Husqvarna
    A Class

Well I'd be intrested in a barnett for sure... put me on the list ;)
  9. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    So, who's going to contact Barnett and tell them we need a basket?
  10. Schony Husqvarna
    A Class

Anyone know cross ref on what bikes these will cover? May help with our plea if they know it will cover a broad range of bikes.
  11. Ron delbosque Husqvarna
    A Class

We used a fast by ferracci billet clutch basket after the stock one exploded. The feel seems much better. Would absolutely recommend.
  12. Schony Husqvarna
    A Class

Very good to know, you used a cr250 in your 300?