1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Bite The Bullet...

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by K.Forte', May 29, 2013.

1. K.Forte' Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR 125R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2004 Honda CRF 302X
    Welp the decision has been made,after a week or so of reading thru literally every thread about the WB 165 i've decided Wallys gettin my buisness..It really was'nt a hard decision based on everybody's liking of this kit,,you see in less than 1 yr this will be my 2nd top end rebuild. The first kit i purchased was thru a reputable engine builder that built my 4st engine so i gave them my 2nd engine build,well needless to say the 2nd came to an almost catastrophic failure,luckly my son shut it down just in time he felt the power loss immediatly.. I called the company after i found the damage,,the best they would do for me was $500 to redo the top end again.:censored: My thoughts here are if it happen'd once it most likely will happen again and once is enough!! They built me a great 4st engine but Husky's are'nt their FORTE',,ha see what i did there.:D I want proven results for my hard earned money and Wallys engine work is what everyone raves about... $1500+ in one yr is hard to swallow,,,but atleast i know its done rite this time around. :thumbsup:
    cooper likes this.
  2. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I have more hard RACE miles on a Walt Smith 165 from wide open Desert to King of the moto Last man standing,
    motorcross ,GPs, 2 stroke nationals Hare and Hound Nationals in 5 Western States.Rode everything from below sea level to about 8,000 feet Almost always WIDE OPEN then any other 165 out there and you know what it Never let me down never a DNF .Buy it set it up correct and then hold on as it will not break Unless to forget to add oil to the
    gas .Next week is Last Man Standing at Glen Helen I will ride the same bike with the same motor again
    Want more prof watch a few of my videos and lissen to the motor lug and scream getting it done
    K.Forte' likes this.
  3. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    I've never rode one of the WB bikes but from the videos, its probably one of the better weight-to-power ratios out there today from any brand ... All these new Huskies turn very well and with that engine, it would probably do me very well on a small MX track and the trails... It'd maybe be more perfect here than my WR250 due the lighter weight in the tighter ST here ... And if the 70s model bikes are still with us today, we can expect these 2t bikes to last quite a while also ... So make alot of these WB for the well-into-the-future purchases to be plentyiful :)

--
    How do you screw up a 2t topend rebuilt?

Yep, you got some pretty cool videos of the desert racing you are doing ... You know how to finish a race off for sure ..
  4. old3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

What specifically are your full set up details to get it to pull all the way out?
  5. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

well to tell you the truth My bike is a 2008 CR 125 now a 165 and the carb is Stock 125 as it was delivered from the factory I swear I never touched it But I am the odd one here as most have had a problem.Last month walt sent me a lectron carb and he said he dialed it in just install and ride Well it made it a little better so that is another part you can get I also run race gas 110 straight mixed about 35 to 40 to 1 I really believe race gas is the ticket look around you can find it for about 8 to 9 dollars a gallon even with all the riding I do I only use about 100 gallons a year so it is worth it The KTM 200sx FMF pipe is also a must have part for the 165 Yes it is a bunch of money but much better then a new bike and really what small bore bike is better then a Husky I also run 13 52 ever where from wide open desert to tight stuff At King of the Moto I ran 12 52 which was stupid low only good for that event
  6. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    I run exactly the same set up only on a 6 years older bike.

waiting for the lectron to arrive but when the original carb has its goods moments the bike flat out rips.

last weekend I rode My newly CRF 450 on the trails and for sure i was quicker on this one on the open stretch of road but this bike has some nervous moments with handle bars that want to go everywhere what I never experienced with the husky.

I do have to say that I have to review my suspension on the husky more closely as the CRF one was definitely better in absorbing the trails then my husky does still I am quicker on the husky when it is not open road or heavy clay mud.

one last other thing.
    I am passing my riding buddies (they have 250 CC 2 strokes) on both bikes with ease, but somehow it stings them harder if you do it on a light motor with a high pitch buzz :D

Robert-Jan
    K.Forte' likes this.
  7. K.Forte' Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR 125R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2004 Honda CRF 302X
    ray_ray,,what i think happen'd to the engine is the the piston ring caught the very edge of the powervalve and took a very little chunk out of it and it just snow ball'd from there,i'm sure wally will confirm that once he see's the PV... It's the only possible thing that could have happen'd..