Black Friday is for All - a 5 year Olds Track Ride Report Milestone MX

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by HuskyT, Nov 27, 2009.

1. HuskyT Moderator

Black Friday is typically a day of shopping. That has now all changed and my son Logan and I created a new Thanksiving/Black Friday tradition!.. Track rides while Mommy and daughter go shopping

So shopping is what Black Friday is all about??? Well then, I am a smart shopper... Milestone MX posted a Facebook only coupon... 50% off yearly memberships and 50% off of the daily ride fee.... so I picked up memberships for both kids today

Riding was Stellar. All tracks groomed to perfection. Pros riding the SX track for entertainment during the day.

But the most important thing was Logan's first real MX Track Ride. No Training Wheels. Fullbore go for it fun

Dirt Dame likes lots of pics so here we go ... a new Holiday tradition has been born:

Christmas decorations are in garage.. let's go riding instead:
    [IMG]

Loaded Up ... two TC Husky's One small CRF 50 Honda!
    [IMG]

Kids MX track:
    [IMG]

[IMG]

Competition has arrived and is pushing hard:
    [IMG]

This guy keeps drafting on me dad!!!
    [IMG]

[IMG]

More Challengers.. I'll take the Kawi on the inside Dad!
    [IMG]

Darn... hit the corner to fast....
    [IMG]

Dusty but determined:
    [IMG]

I'll watch Dad from the Grandstands for a bit now:
    [IMG]

After some more riding, I'll just jump the 12" log and go to our pit the direct way... why is everyone yelling at me right now...riding is now over:
    [IMG]

Lets check out the damage from the day of crashes... hmmnnn is this why my ribs are hurting? Hey , I'm the only guy wearing Sponge Bob Boxer Briefs at the track today...!
    [IMG]

And , I need a new Helmet ... this one took a good hit today...
    [IMG]

Time to go to go to George's in Riverside for some lunch! Did I tell you about that jump I hit dad? Here, I'll show you with a french fry!
    [IMG]

Damn that club sandwich looks good!
    [IMG]

New traditions are great! I'm loving this one!

T
  2. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    Pretty cool I must say:thumbsup:

Looks like junior had the time of his life and has the battle scars to proof it.

:cheers:
  3. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

That's awesome! Does he still have a desire to ride? How is he improving? He looks like he was having a great time.

By the way, did you get a new 08 TC?
  4. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    What a wonderful day.:thumbsup:

Looks like Santa might have to bring the little guy a new racing lid.:D
  5. HuskyT Moderator

He is improving very quickly and as this was his first official track ride at an MX park he did very well. Probably crashed about 7 times total and only one gave him a scrape.He wanted to keep going every time and I made sure he rode a lap or two after each crash to keep his confidence high. Bought a track membership for him so there is going to be a lot of track riding in the future..... plus he pushes me when I'm riding.

I'm not pushing him at all and I'm using the style of teaching that Palmer84one passed on to me and am always keeping it fun. When he wants a break or is done for the day we are all done. He rode hard yesterday for almost three hours before wanting to call it a day and get some lunch. He is already looking forward to my birthday next Saturday. we are going riding! the only problemI'm having him is containing the daredevil attack mode. He literally took the CRF50 over a 12" barrier log separating the track from the pits.... and did it just fine... !

The new '08 TC250is one of my work bud's bike. I have rode it several times now at Milestone on the intermediate track and Vet track... night and day different from my '05 TC450. Light as a feather and very easy to jump. I feel like I'm riding a rocket powered feather when I'm on it.... have way over shot some tables and doubles on it..... I could get very used to a TC250 !

T
  6. HuskyT Moderator

I have one for him already... we are riding next weekend!
  7. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    GGEC 250 Honda RC51 CBR 1000rr CR125
    He is looking very good and determined on that bike Tim..... and already has mastered ....the "look where you want to go" thing....:thumbsup:

and its good to learn how to fall off as well....:busted:

going back 3 or 4 yrs....I taught my nephew from ground zero.....I recall going from the " how to let the clutch out phase" to the "ok lets send him out on the mini track phase" I confess it sometimes wasnt easy to watch.....but save for a few gray hairs(me!) and a few sets of bent bars.....he's a good rider now....and its worth every bit of the effort

I still remember sending him out on a dirt oval for his first taste of speed......after three laps he decided to leave the track and forgot to look over his shoulder.....and caused a mega pile up.....:eek:

I ended up paying for another guys clutch cover and shift lever....:D