Blackdog DS and 312 miles on the TE511 for the weekend.

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by Motosportz, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    What a freaking GREAT way to start the summer riding. Did the AMA Blackdog DS on the TE511 this weekend. Took a group of 8 out Friday before the Blockdog and did some 35 plus miles of epic trail. Then did 216 miles on Saturday on the Blackdog DS ride. First gas was at almost 90 miles and i still had gas left Packed 3/4 gallon and did not need it. 45mpg mixed trail, gravel and street. Pretty amazing. Sunday was about 60 miles almost all single track and some gnarly rocky "Rubicon" trail stuff. Bike was flawless, a joy to be on and so accommodating. Mops up on the off road stuff and rails the street as well. Great do it all machine. Great weekend with awesome friends and a wonderful mount. Perfect.

- Tim Troffer let me sample his 450 V-twin aprilia, super cool bike. The sound from the exhaust is to die for. bike feels pretty light and flick-able for what it is. Tim rode it through some real nasty stuff. Thanks Tim.

so fun...

300 plus entries.

[IMG]

Adam railed the event on a ATK 605, amazing how quick he went throgh the off road stuff on it. Must be the shirt...

[IMG]

Many amazing views of mt hood, Adams and helens.

[IMG]

Amazing trail conditions and route...

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

I almost did not do it this year because I have done it several times and ride this area a lot. Glad i did as it was once again epic and very cool.

Gas stop before lunch. 90 miles on 2 gallons !! for 45mpg, nice.

[IMG]

lunch on Sat 95 miles in...

[IMG]

Voyager GPS, roll chart, HDB HG's and Mz Damper, thats the DS setup right there [IMG]

[IMG]

One of the tasks for points on this trip is to bring back 10 plus trash items from the forest. We found an old B-ball hoop out in the woods always EZ to find beer cans. Our statment is to leave the forest better than we found it.

[IMG]

I could not get Adams ATK in my trash bag.

[IMG]

Sunday, That Tim Troffer on his Aprilia 450 (sitting on the bike)

[IMG]

Sunday was almost all off road in wonderful woods on epic trails in perfect conditions.

[IMG]

[IMG]

Freaking GREAT weekend.

[IMG]
  2. Rob578 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Beta 300RR Beta 500RS TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda 919 sold FJR1300 sold
    awesome!
  3. typeone Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 TC270 + 09 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 X4 146 + 13 250RR
    +1! great pics too [IMG]
  4. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

the 511 sounds like a helluva doitall bike. looks like yall had a good time i want to live out west hahaha...hell i didnt even know aprillia made dirtbikes, my buddy had one of their 125 gp racebikes sitting in his living room for years though lol
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Yep, V-twin 450, super cool bike.

[IMG]
  6. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

i got to say that is wicked looking....i may need to get one of those...lol
  7. typeone Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 TC270 + 09 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 X4 146 + 13 250RR
    keep your Husky in a backpack 'just in case' and your bank account full 'just in case' :D

i had a 5.5 SXV, sick motor for sure but potentially grenades to own on many levels. mine ran like a top, i think very few are that lucky. miss it a lot, CRAZY fun bike
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Tim has had good luck with his too i believe. Very cool bike for sure. He paid less for it (new 08) than i paid for my TE511.
  9. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

thanks for the warning typeone, ill probably never own one lol but they do look gnarly. theres endless bikes, trucks and cars that i "need" hahaha
  10. typeone Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 TC270 + 09 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 X4 146 + 13 250RR
    @Motosportz, glad to hear Tim has had good luck, the 450 must be a blast off-road! yeah, i got mine dirt cheap brand new as well, tons of deals out there because riders are scared of the reliability. hard on resale though. i tricked mine out so it sold super quick. boy do those things sound SWEET when piped (had a Silmoto on mine, killer BARK)

@WHITEROCKET, hate to 'warn' you because i loved the bike. definitely wouldn't completely steer anyone away, but there is a lot to be aware of and learn when owning a finicky bike like that.
  11. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Had a great time at the Blackdog, should have seen Kelly rockn the TE511 through the "Rubicon", impessive to say the least.BTW 1500 miles zero problems , and mine has the Silmoto exhaust too[IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  12. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I really liked that nasty rock section. Was fun to rail. Jumping boulders into more boulders. Woooohoooo. Hope the vid guy got me as i felt good and was hooting and carrying on. Stable CTS equipped TE511 with a damper is a force to be dealt with in the nasty crap. Lucky we did not trade before the ride or you would have caught me abusing your beautiful Aprilia through there. :eek: i forgot to yell "motosportz steering dampers" so I could get free advertising on the DVD he he he.
  13. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

After we went through that section both Mike(Cowboy86) and I said no way with out the "Motosportz" damper. I'am sore, need to get healed up, UPS just droped off my UPTITE 167 kit so it looks like I will be back on the "Rubicon" later in the week.
  14. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I was whipped last night but feel pretty good today. Can hardly wait to sample the 167 at some point. [IMG]
  15. cowboy86 Husqvarna
    A Class

big props to the dude on that fat tire yamaha he was there all day
  16. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    great meeting you finally [IMG] That was fun. And yes, dude road all of both days on that TW200. Amazing. Or stupid, not sure which [IMG] That ride is always a riot.
  17. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Cool name for a cool ride :) ... That Aprilia sounds like a cool bike ...
  18. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    Now that looks like a great mixed bag of treats for the weekend. Great stuff.
  19. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  20. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    cupcake has all the fun on the coolest bikes in the prettyest spots i cant even deal with it so im burning all my stuff in self-disgust....and is that a trials tire????

you rock and i hate you...[IMG]