BMW boss interview in Cycle News, Husky Scooters

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by raisrx251, Apr 28, 2011.

1. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Check out this weeks interview with Hendrik Von Kuneheim. There is some interesting stuff regarding the future of Husqvarna. Looks like we will be getting scooter added to the line up, how about a diesel 511? Very smart man I have to say.
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Scooters are a huge market like quads and while I pretty much hate them both it makes financial sense to jump on that market. I hope they build cool scooters like Aprilia. That said this will stoke the haters up for sure.
  3. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

a diesel 511 huh, interesting. being a diesel fan and a cummins owner i know that they are capable of making serious power but it may be a lil on the heavy side....
  4. BadMotoWeazal Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I want HVA to be successful... SO go ahead corporate, do what you have to do..... Make us some capable mini-bikes too!!!
  5. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

if they brought out a 65 shifter my kid would have one asap i know that lol
  6. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I was just kidding about the diesel Husky but I did find it interesting how open he was on some of there past projects. The interviewer was very educated on BMW which really helped bring out the full answers. Glad Cycle News is back in business.
  7. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

oh thanks alot my dreams of blowing some soot and hearing a whining turbo on my dirtbike is ruined lol..
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    i must have glossed over that little fact, how cool. [IMG]
  9. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I think the biggest news is they fully intend to produce Husqvarna road bikes:

"we want to manufacture sporty, road-oriented, perfectly engineered bikes"
    "you will see a twin cylinder Husqvarna model quite soon, and we'll make some gorgeous looking, fast and fun Italian red road bikes"
    http://cyclenews.coverleaf.com/cyclenews/20110426#pg53
    Flying Trash Can and Motosportz like this.
  10. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I definitely think this thread fits into the News & rumors category, I'll move it over there: common topics -> News.
  11. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Nice link Dean, thanks.
  12. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    Well, I sure hope the twin husky doesn't use the piece of junk clutch bmw/rotax put in my F800GS...
  13. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I believe thats exactly the motor that they intend to use. Hear it is supposed to be reworked and 900cc. Whats up with yours? My buddy had one a liked it.

i really like the parallel twin format...

[IMG]

Yamaha TDM got me really liking this layout...

[IMG]
  14. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    Intresting way of making my computer screen resemble a paper magazine. If you go to the "cover" it says interview part 1. Exactly what models they have in mind bringing to the USA was not in any of the text I read. All of the locations of production places were in europe, will see about part 2. The worst thing is a model that sells good at 18 months but sales stop.
    Fran
  15. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Not sure what Husky is doing or how smart any one is, but there are many many more people in the 3rd world places than in places like the states ... many many more people to sell bikes to ... These small bikes power these countries same as cars power the usa ... ... asian makers have these millions and millions of customers already sewn up on their brands ...

After reading this article and hearing him refer to these type projects as toys ... bmw is not targeting this group of people ... sounds more like they'll make an expensive \ bmw type small bike and sell to the bmw crowd ...

He also used the term urban transportation ..., very good idea in EU maybe but bikes and bike riders are hated so much in the states, it it never fly too high in UR back yard ... even though it would cut down on gas, insurance, parking problems, total cost of everyday life but who is concerned over these trivial matters?
  16. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Gas reached almost $5/gallon a few years ago, scooters were extremely popular in this area, and well respected. I think there is a market, especially if they don't have the stigma of the existing brands.

I took a test ride on a scooter to get a free mp3 player, I was quite embarrassed and did not want to go outside without my helmet. [IMG]
  17. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Scooters are HUGE in Europe and it is a good financial move.
  18. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    No need for shame.... Any time on two wheels, is better than time in a car! I had a Honda 125 2 stroke scooter, complete with the milk crate on the back. I'd ride that thing shopping all the time. My motorcycle friends would laugh and so I would laugh back. I'd have two sacks of groceries in the crate and six pack on the floorboards... doesn't get any better going to the grocery! Alot more practical than my Speed Triple or ZRX1100 at the time. My only mistake was, trading it for my daughters XR80 10 years ago. Scooters rock! If we get Husky scooters, I'll have one, when they come out, for sure!:oldman:
  19. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Right, anything on 2 wheels beats 4 wheels ... The 110-125cc to 150cc bikes rule here ... the entire country is run with these bikes ... The states in areas when the weather permits riding would benefit greatly from them ... The states just has a bad attitude on anything that saves gas and is a good time ..

Scooters are the top line of a light flick-able bike ...
  20. Muddy Waters Husqvarna
    AA Class

Ray you haven’t been to the states for a while now, haven’t you ?!?
    The scooter market here in the states is on the rise, and has been for a while now
    Ever since the economy tanked and people start drinking and lost their license and discovered they don’t need a license for a 50cc scooter.......of course if you drink the Hardley cool-aid then scooters are indeed portrayed as a “girly” way of scooting around which should be avoided at all cost

[IMG]