1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st Bottom end rebuild....who can do it?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Gotlabs, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Gotlabs Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 CR144 X 2!
    Does any of the site sponsors perform this service? If not, who would you recommend and why?
  2. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I used to do this procedure when I rebuilt my engines. But it's rather hard to do unless you have a good crank truing jig. I would think that any service shop that has a good truing jig would be able to do a good job. I use a local shop called Racer's Machine, because the guy has a crank truing jig. Every crank that I have ever taken to him has been put up just about perfect in terms of side clearance and runout. I know, because I have a truing stand that I toss them on, to check for runout.
  3. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR165 w/36mm lectron.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 BETA 300RR w/36mm lectron.
    http://www.cookseycrank.com/ he is very good at this.will true your crank so good you'll hardly feel the vibes.
  4. Gotlabs Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 CR144 X 2!
    He was on my list, but didn't know if anyone used him for Huskys.

I should invest in the proper tools to do a bottom end since I will have a couple to do over the next few months.
  5. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    You will need a good 20 ton press, a crank splitting tool, a crank truing stand, a lead mallet for whacking the flywheel halves and a crank truing jig. The jig is the expensive part. They cost over 1000 dollars...if you can find one! Otherwise, this is what you need to do the job without it, and be prepared to fuss with it all day, if you don't get it really close the first time.:rolleyes:
    This is the splitting tool on the press....takes the crank down....
    [IMG]

Also can be used to put the crank back up.
    [IMG]

The truing stand. Check all your run out with it.
    [IMG]

The hard part is getting the "walk" out of the two halves. That's what the jig helps so much with.
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    wallybean, TROFFER88 and john01 like this.
  7. 454x Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 CR165 w/36mm lectron.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 BETA 300RR w/36mm lectron.
    He works on everything and also RB is good to.
  8. haulin husky7 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13 txc310, 2000 wr360
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 TM 300en, 93 KLX650R, 1975 XR75
    If you was wanting a full rebuild I'd send my motor to Gerald Jones at Upstate Cycle. Gerald is awesome, when I first met him I was very surprised with how cool he is. Im not used to dealers being this cool to the customer in my area. I think I paid $700 or $800 when my 00' grenaded, that was a full bottom end to top end rebuild and replate of the cyclinder. Again Gerald is awesome, he's the reason why I gave my money to husky for a new bike instead of the local ASSHOLE dealers who seems to not care about the customer. Gerald even drove the engine back to me 3hrs away, but he did talk me into buying a new 09 wr250 for $4200 in 2010.
    Phoenix, Gotlabs and David Howell like this.
  9. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    Another vote for Ron Black- RB Designs.
    He is a local treasure.
  10. David Howell Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2000 WR 250
    Gerald is Golden! He has many out of state customers. At this years Big Buck GNCC a guy was lined up next to me on a brand hammer new TXC310 and I noticed the Upstate Cycle sticker on the fender. I jokingly said "Gerald wants that bike back in one piece after you're done!" The fella looked confused for a minute and then he realized I was talking about the guy he had just bought the bike from! Turns out the new Husky owner was from Tennessee.
  11. Gotlabs Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 CR144 X 2!
    Thanks for all the input!