1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Bottom end up rebuild shops

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by old3, Oct 9, 2013.

1. old3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Our 99 WR125 has been getting funky, used 300cc of trans oil in about 8 hours of hard use and breaking up at bottom and top RPMs horribly. My son had a dead last start in B light last week and was trying to pass for first place after half a lap when the bike started missing, he had just over revved it down a straight to pass second place. Bike has been a beast up till then, not super fast but it was due for a ring by now anyway.

We messed around in the carb, cleaning mostly but it was already clean, plugs, and I'm thinking the clutch side main seal is shot. The clutch is all wacky too, the drain plug fell out a few hours ago and trans was run till the clutch squealed by mistake soooo engine is out of the bike. The trans oil dropped out full of silver flakes. The clutch was real chattery when cold, got better hot but not smooth. Probably warped the plates but I don't have it apart yet.

Top end looks really good, cylinder has no badness, minimal blow by on the piston. Crank is tight up/down and no discoloration. PVs move fine, one reed has a tiny, insignificant chip on the corner on one petal. Barely even there, doesn't uncover the port in the block even.

So, who is the guru of the 125 bottom end/trans. I really want the tranny to be checked out thoroughly too. My son wants it ported and 144 kitted for full top end power and pump gas. He rides it pretty much WFO everywhere. Classic 125 style racer.

Wally?
  2. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Scott at Toy Tech