Bottone's Jo-Bet Cycles.... Closing.

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Norman Foley, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Fran is moving on and I for one will miss Fran and this shop. The best Husky shop or any shop for that matter, I ever dealt with!

This probably isnt news to some of you by now, but if you havent heard, I am closing the shop after 25 years, and taking a job as service manager at the newly established 6V Motorsports here in town, owned by John Vinelli and his wife Kate. John has Arctic cat ATVs, UTVs and sleds, He is bringing the Genuine Scooter line over from us, and the motorcycle brand is still pending. Jim McGarrigle will ...also be following me over as a tech. My shop will still be open until the end of July give or take, and if you have any unfinished business, please do your best to wrap it up by then. The best thing that came from my business were all of my great friends and customers over the years without whom i couldnt have done it and have so many great memories, Thanks everyone, and please come and see us at 6V Motorsports at 170 Seward avenue in Bradford (after September 1st) for all of your Motorsport needs.
  2. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    92WXC350 /Lamson CR250/701 Vitpilen/
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph900 Scrambler 1200 HD Nightst
    Your right Great guy great shop,alot like our shop from what I hear .Its sad that this business is hard to make money in and not kill yourself doing it.Im sure all of your customers will follow you where ever and what ever you do.Good luck to you at your new place.billf
  3. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Fran is a great guy and Husky is losing a wealth of knowledge is what bothers me. This economy is so hard for the small guy to make it. I hope BMW does not follow the KTM route when they do grow. When BMW took over Husqvarna there may have been 40-50 dealers in the US? All of those dealers were still there because they had passion for the brand. You cant say that about all other major brand dealers. Fran is one of those dealers who has passion to see Husqvarna on top.
  4. Drew Smith Husqvarna
    AA Class

So sorry to have this bad news. Fran has always been A great guy to his customers and to all motercycle enthusests, Fran is a real gentelmen. I wish him all the best in the new job.
    Best regards Fran!
  5. Biggziff Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE510
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 1190R, 500 EXC, 1970 Suzuki T250
    Well...at least I was able to give him some business before he closed down. Too bad, but I wish him well!
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    All the dealings I had with Fran were very positive and seemed like a super nice guy. Nice to hear he has a plan and future and hope the best for him. Good luck Fran.
  7. shortyw13 Husqvarna
    AA Class

sorry to hear the news fran,good luck inyour new venture. A great person to do business with thanks NED & BRIAN
  8. allphazes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husky te 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    beta 350rr & 250rr
    Sorry to hear this, very nice guy.
  9. kcumjc Husqvarna
    A Class

This stinks. I did visit and buy parts here a few times, even though he was 3+ hours away. Time to find a new dealer.
  10. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Too bad on your closing and good luck on your new job ... Might be kind of weird working for someone else instead of running your own business ... Life is full of changes ...we all have to adapt to them and make the most of the cards we are given to play ...

11. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    It looks like 6V Motorsports is going to be taking on Husky, so there will be a continuity for Bottone's customers. Nice not to lose Fran's wealth of Husky knowledge!
  12. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Excellent