1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Bowser Premixing -

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Neesmo31, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Neesmo31 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR300, 2010 TE510
    Other Motorcycles:
    Did have - XC125, KDX200, XR250
    What methods do people use when filling up at the bowser to ensure you get the oil/fuel mixing correctly in the tank?

I have just bought a WR300, and are putting a Acerbis bag on the back to hold a syringe and oil container. But when filling the tank and mixing the oil, how do people ensure its correctly mixed in the fuel?? Leave an air gap and try and slosh the fuel around inside the tank?

Thats possibly the only way you can really?
  2. Gotlabs Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 CR144 X 2!
    Yep. Have a small container of premix, usually enough for 2 gallons, and mix it one gallon at a time. Slosh for effect.
  3. Fat Tire Flyer Husqvarna
    AA Class

I pre-measure into 100ml bottles.. Double bottled for safety when carried on my bike with a pair of nitrile gloves.. When needed at the
    gas station I just do the slosh thing or try to find a old oil bottle or windshield washer jug (rinse with a bit of gas first).. Cheers.. :)

[IMG]

[IMG]
  4. Neesmo31 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR300, 2010 TE510
    Other Motorcycles:
    Did have - XC125, KDX200, XR250
    Excellent. Thats a nice little carry bag too.. might have to go oil container shopping :)
  5. ohmygewd Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13'Berg FE350, 96'WR360, 01 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia RSV1000
    I've emptied the tank to know exactly how much l can squeeze in there. I carry a length of solder that l've marked to gauge the amount of fuel l have and l use a baby bottle that l have markings for my ratio (40:1 @ 225ml +/-)
    So when l hit reserve and can make it to a bowser, l empty the oil in first and use the bowser pump to mix the fuel.
  6. Blakelpd5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WRWB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 CRF450R, 1980 Suzuki Wetbike
    I put the oil in first, then pump 3-4 gallons in the container.. The flow from the fuel pump mixes it all up....