1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc brake light and headlight hook up

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by craig ferrero, Oct 2, 2012.

1. craig ferrero Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    1993 cr250r 2009 klx 2009
    Just got a new 2012 wr300 and want to add a headlight and a rear brake light so I can drive on the road if I want to. Bought a Polisport Halo headlight and a Tusk rear tailight/brake light.Took the bike apart and I am confused on how to wire these up. Has anyone done this and does anyone have any suggestions.Any help would be greatly appreciated!
  2. Doug Piper Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250 SM250
    The connectors should be present under the tank, did your bike not come with any wiring for lights then ? Wiring diagram in the back of the owners manual.
  3. craig ferrero Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr300
    Other Motorcycles:
    1993 cr250r 2009 klx 2009
    No unused plugs on the wires. Just one yellow wire with a connector on it but not being used. Maybe I have to connect into the wires that are their now.
  4. justpinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    93 kx 125 with a kdx 200 engine.
    Mine came with the tail light and headlight already. Im racing this weekend but will get some info and pics. Also mine has a regulator on it.Ive been told that the hot ticket is led setups because incandescent bulbs break and fall out if you hammer the bike enough . Ive had both happen in hare scrambles. The result sometimes is that the wires in the bulb can short together and will shut the bike off. If i have time i will get the pics tomorrow.Oh yeah and... It is bad ass to ride down the street on a two stroke and decimate any trail you want!!
    http://www.ez-motoring.com/
    That yellow wire should be the 12v power,but needs a regulator or the incandescent bulbs will burn out quick.Im not sure about ground wires and such which i will figure out tomorrow.
  5. justpinit Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 wr 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    93 kx 125 with a kdx 200 engine.
    Where is that unused yellow wire coming from? I have the same wire,it looks like it is coming from the display along with a second yellow wire that goes to the taillight switch and tail light. I'm confused w the tail light because it has three wires. Black=ground white=negative red=positive I believe. Yellow power wire from bike goes to the tl switch and white, blue which goes to the frame hooks to black, and red from the light goes to the switch. I have another yellow wire coming out of the regulator,which powers the headlight.It seems like they used the display as a wire junction.
  6. Doug Piper Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250 SM250
    Does you have the regulator on the bike, its mounted on the front of the headstock behind the headlight.
  7. shawbagga Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2018 Gasgas XC250
    my voltage reg is behind main frame down tube below ignition(between rads)