1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Broken engine mounts cr125

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by gasgas17, Dec 13, 2010.

1. gasgas17 Husqvarna
    A Class

We have a 2008 CR 125 that my daughter races and it has a problem with breaking the upper engine monts from the head to the upper frame rail. Is there a perminant fix for this issue?
  2. Pedec Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I have never had that problem on my 2008 cr 125 did she crash or ride really hard. Have you had motor or head off and not had it aligned proper or overtightened bolts.
  3. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Make sure your bottom motor mounts/frame mounts aren't rounded out. Also make sure your bolts are all torqued/ tightened and thread lock used. Another area to check, make sure your swing arm bolt is torqued correct and that your swing arm bearings/bushings are good. If they go bad, etc... the engine can dance around a little. I got one now that the brackets are cracked and it is from swing arm bearings being shot.
  4. Pedec Husqvarna
    Pro Class

What is the swing arm bolt to be toqued to does 66ft/lb sound right.
  5. CagivaWMX Husqvarna
    AA Class

I just picked up a 08 CR 125 and was hoping this wasn't still an issue. In 2002 I raced a CR 125 and 250 and broke these mounts ALL the time. My dad has a welding shop and we were constantly rewelding and adding gussets to the stock alum mounts and by the end of the year I would be lucky to make it through 2 motos without one cracking again.
    I stayed on top of keeping everything tight, torqued, and replacing any worn bearings.

I finally made a new set for both bikes out of stainless steel and didn't have any more trouble.
  6. BillO Husqvarna
    AA Class

My son raced his '08 CR125 hard for 2 years, no breaks.
  7. gasgas17 Husqvarna
    A Class

She's not very heavy, but shes not afaid of the big jumps. It would be nice to have some mounts that hold up to a 125 lb. rider. I guess we'll be making them out of steel. Thanks for the replies.