1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

250-500cc Broken swing arm

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Reddog23, Apr 28, 2013.

1. Reddog23 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2001 WR360
    Hey guys, I've encountered a problem that I find a little unthinkable. I took my 2001 WR360 out yesterday on the county road to just put some paces before I can get in the mountains for the season. While I was accelerating through fourth gear the bolt holding the front sprocket in came out and the sprocket got jammed between the swing arm and frame. I got it hammered out but the sprocket is missing some teeth and the front of the swing arm had a chunk get broken off. So I was wondering what other year swing arms would fit and if I should even consider welding the broken piece back on if possible. Any ideas or help would be very appreciated.
  2. wright184 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 TE250
    I have an extra one from a 2005 TE250. I picked it up for not much money in case of such a catastrophic event.

If you think that it might work or want more info or measurements, please let me know.

The illustrations in the parts catalogues look the same, except the chain hardware mounts on the other side. The part #'s are different, I acknowledge.

Mine: http://www.halls-cycles.com/images/PDF/Husqvarna .PDFs/2005/TE-TC 250-450-510, SM.pdf (page 96)
    Yours: http://www.halls-cycles.com/images/PDF/Husqvarna .PDFs/1998-2004/2001/01_250-360.pdf (page 92)
  3. wright184 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 TE250
    There is one on EBay right now from a 1996, located in Australia.
  4. 2premo Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    98 WR360, 1987 WR430, 1988 XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sherco 300, 2002 KTM 380EXC
    that happened to me
    fortunately I was in first gear taking off
    common problem with these
    the different years used different lengths and shock geometry to adjust the handling,
    you need to do some research
  5. Reddog23 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2001 WR360
    Ok thanks for the help. Im going to take some measurements and do some calling around and check it out.
  6. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

There is an old and a new style that changed around 2001.

Does your swingarm come with the zerks in the swingarm bearings or not?

The new Swingarms do not have zerks in them....the old ones do.

I have a spare new style swingarm that should fit.
  7. Reddog23 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2001 WR360
    Ya it has the zerks in it. Halls said they could order one so ill probably just go with that i think. My buddy in town that owns a welding shop is going to weld the piece that broke off the swing arm back on, so hopefully that will work till the new one comes.