1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

All 2st BRP under bar mount had to come off.

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by razornpc, Sep 8, 2010.

1. razornpc Husqvarna
    AA Class

i just put on my scotts stabilizer on my 06. it was on my 09 ktm 200 xc and it did wonders for that bike so i wanted to try it on my husky.

iused the brp under bar mount with the bolt on stem. in the instructions it says repeatidly that for the txc 250 that you will need to drill and tap the bottom triple clamp. i wondered "gee i wonder if this applies to the wr125 as well?". it did, sort of. the stem hits my upper triple clamp before the bottom triple hits the welded on stop bracket.

so i drilled, tapped and put in bolts as per the instructions. first i put the bolts in with lock nuts. this was not a very good thing. i could barely turn the bars to any useful amount. so i took the lock nuts off and the result was a usable amount of steering being acheived (i thought) and a stabilizer had been installed.

last sunday, the day after installation, was race day! i had an ok day finishing 8th in B class. i must say however i will be taking the steering stabilizer mount and brackets off of my bike. the steering that i had thought to be usable i found was not enough. i could not make the sharp turns the way i am used to. i would compare it to riding my ktm with the turn stop bolts backed out 1/4 the way. it will not cut it.

for the money i am very disappointed. $129 for the under bar mount, $99 for the bolt on stem. i was hoping for that kind of money i would have a product (although very nicely mechined) i was more happy with.
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Contact BRP and let them know the issues and whats needed. Being in the same biz i can attest to the millions of different little changes that makes fitting dampers a nightmare. Just so many variables and so little room to make some of this stuff work. Also slight changes year to year and throw things off. Maybe it is as simple as making a few reliefs for the intruding parts.
  3. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    You can machine the top clamp to clear the post and get full steering.
  4. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    Kelly has a good point.

I had some issues with the first SUB mount I bought for my 300 and ended up sending them my top triple clamp so they could examine and correct the issue. They were real helpful and solved the problem fast.
  5. 2stroked Husqvarna
    A Class

I used a die grinder with an aluminum bur to clearance the top clamp
  6. razornpc Husqvarna
    AA Class

i took the stuff off and put the stab back on my ktm.

honestly the husky never needed it, just thought i would like to try it.

id let all the other stuff go for $100.