1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc building a 165

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by braddenning, Jul 10, 2012.

1. braddenning Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 HUSABERG FE 350 ,2014 KTM 300XC
    so if i wanna build a new WR165 that a read so much about , where do i go to get this 165 cyl. and what pipe do i get, i can handle the jetting and suspension. thanks in advance all !!!
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    You send your cylinder, powervalves and head to Walt, he does his magic and sends it to me, we package and include whats needed and send it to you. If you want a pipe it is $250 more. It is that simple. If interested send me an Email and I'll get you all the specifics.

Thanks
    Kelly
    Motosportz
    Pedec likes this.
  3. braddenning Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    ahh Motosportz!!i got some stuff from you when i had my wr 300 !!! good stuff < can you lug the 165around the tight stuff like the 300?? or are you on the pipe all the time?
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Hell i can lug the 125 around off the pipe. But yes, the bike gains a lot of power and lugs like crazy with the FMF pipe. I would say it is a bigger jump in power from the 144 to 165 than it is from the 125 to the 144. really not far off from a KTM 200 power wise. I find it absolutely the PERFECT woods motor. Lots of power but not to much and does not change it from a cool 125 to something else which I like. Also as it is not stroked nor the crank bigger, the bike is just as flickable as it was before.
  5. Poopy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165
    I was seriously contemplating a 300 for next year....one ride on the 165 and it will be my bike for a LONG time.
  6. hussy144 Husqvarna
    AA Class

i just got my 165 and 200 pipe, rode my bike for about an hour and everything Kelly is telling you is no bull it is a perfect woods motor.
  7. braddenning Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    OK ! when i get my125 ill let all you know and tell me what and where to buy all the good stuff
  8. Jhunter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Question for Kelly or Walt. I found a good deal on a 2000 WR125. Will this year motor work for the 165 upgrade ? Before I make the guy an offer, would there be any other issues with that year bike that could bite me ? Thanks John
  9. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Watch some of the Videos I posted showing the 165 From wide open desert to tight in the trees up to 8,000 feet.Plus a Last Man Standing event at Glen Helen Calif.All the places in the videos show the bike running great and the carb and jets were the same in all places.I also have a 300 which needs some love since I ride the 165 more now
  10. Poopy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165

Do you have links to your youtube account??
  11. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I do not know how to do that but if you go to the racing section of cafe husky they are all there
    One from the vikings National a desert race
    one from the sugurloafers National a race in the trees of Utha
    One from a gran prix
    one from the Last Man Standing
    These 4 races show the 165 in just about all difference types of terrian any one might ever ride or race in
    I also did the 2 stroke Nationals but hate to post and let everyone see how bad I am at motorcross

Still working on a program to do the 24 Hours of Glen Helen so that would just about cover it all

These kits are selling well with no complaints I just ordered 25 more pipes from FMF for Walt just to keep up with demand
  12. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

2000 125 works great. The old style cylinders were very reliable and easy to modify. The power valves are much thicker and 3 times the trouble to re-grind so it evens out. My original kit used a top end off a 2000 and it was a ripper and is still ripping on a buddies bike.
  13. Jhunter Husqvarna
    AA Class

WallyBean - Thanks for the info on the '00 bike. So here's the question that you've probably answered 10 times... What is the total cost breakdown for the 165 kit with the pipe and freight ect... I think you do part of the kit then Kelly finishes it up before mailing it back to me... This sounds like a fun project !
  14. braddenning Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    what is needed to do a 165 kit? do you need any items from the existing bike?
  15. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    As Walt said, Yes. I ahve an 04 which is much the same bike and I am doing that one now.

K
  16. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

I need your head, cylinder, and power valves. On the older ones like yours I need the retaining collars that go around the ends of the power valves. The older ones had a different inner diameter.
  17. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

The kit is $680 plus shipping back to you, Kelly can give you more specifics on the shipping cost. The pipe is $250 and I ship it from Hamilton, MT so that shipping will also be dependent on where you are located. My guess is shipping of the pipe is going to be ~$25 to Atlanta.
  18. R-J van Hulst Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125 + 40 = WB 165 and a SM165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CB 400 Vtec 3
    I do have a 2002 and it fits all OK

still waiting for the pipe (in transportation) but the engine is complete assembled without any issues.

Robert-Jan
  19. braddenning Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    hey Walt ! how can i get in touch with you about a 165 kit? thanks Brad
  20. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Send me an Email and i will give you all the details.

motosportz@gmail.com

Thanks