1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Building new race bike

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by tool88, Jun 20, 2012.

1. tool88 Husqvarna
    B Class

Right now racing 2012 txc310. But thinking going back to 2t very interested in 165 what is the best bike to use cr125 or wr125.
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Not a ton of difference other than the 18" rear tire and CR ignition. The CR might be the better all out race bike.
  3. cruz Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR125
    Other Motorcycles:
    1994 Honda CR500 ice bike
    Start with a cr lighter fly wheel,revs up quicker thats what works better for me.Go with the max power 167 big bore strocker i have two of them revs like a 125 but has torque close to a ktm 200.
  4. tool88 Husqvarna
    B Class

Thats what i am after before i rode husky my favorite bike was ktm 200. Then i went husky wr 250 great motor rest of bike outdated. Then 2010 txc 250 better but a little problematic. Now txc310 with recluse and procurcit exhaust the best husky i have owned so far. I am not totally sold on brand yet but my local dealer is the best bike shop i have delt with ever and i am a senior a racer.
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Get a CR125, put a Wallybean 165 kit on it and get ready to smile from ear to ear. This was my 09 WR125 with WB165 kit and a bunch of other stuff. Probably the best bike i ever rode / owned for woods riding...

[IMG]

A friend begged me to sell it to him and in a moment of weakness i did and have been kicking myself ever since. So I started building another WB165...

[IMG]
  6. tool88 Husqvarna
    B Class

7. tool88 Husqvarna
    B Class

I am sold dealer has new cr in crate. Should have bike monday could have sooner but leaving to race snowshoe gncc. How do i get the wb165 kit? What is the time frame? What top end gets the mod 125 or 144? Every thing i read about bike is all good. Almost went with 144 over the txc but thought it would not work in pa with all the hills. I think i am going to plate the 310 and use for duel sport.
  8. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Easy, contact Kelley at Motosportz (site sponsor) and he will get you going in no time. Don't forget to get the optional KTM SX200 re-worked pipe for it. BTW I have a 08 CR WB165 and it's my favorite bike of all time and at 53 myself it's been a few lol.
  9. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

I always sudgest mounting up your 144 and sending in the 125 top end. The 144 is always going to have more value and be more usable. Otherwise it doesn't matter. You will love it.
  10. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

I have wanted to do a stroker with the 165 piston. What do they charge to stroke the crank?
  11. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Walt if/when you do a stroker it has to be a 175 :popcorn:!
  12. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

176.6 CC's ;)
    454x likes this.
  13. motocrossmr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '15 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '05 PW80, '12 KX 65
    I am officially putting myself at the top of the list!:D
  14. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

The only problem with the stroking is that it isn't a simple plug and play type kit. Also I am sure the expense is double by the time you get done. Haven't been able to get a price quote yet. I already invest between 6 and 7 hours per kit and can't imagine finding the time to do a stroker kit other than the winter.
  15. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

You would have time if it was all done at Walt's Big Bore Company :lol:. See with your own shop you wouldn't have to sneek time away from your "other" job. BTW I think I called it first!
  16. motocrossmr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '15 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '05 PW80, '12 KX 65
    Damn you John!!!
  17. motocrossmr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '15 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    '05 PW80, '12 KX 65
    Just out of curiosity....what would one be looking at as far as cost goes? I love the 165 now that the o-ring issue seems to be resolved but I'm always one for changing up what I have. I wonder if it would be worth it. I'm assuming the entire engine would need to be shipped out. Not trying to get you to commit.....just curious. I didn't think a stroker was feasible with this motor.
  18. cruz Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR125
    Other Motorcycles:
    1994 Honda CR500 ice bike
    The max power 167 coast $1700 bore stroke and port work.If you want more torque stroke beats bore any day,put bore and stroke together max power 167 is the sickest 125 based bike ever! But i would like to try Wallybeans 62mm piston with my 59mm stroke 177cc sounds even better.
    454x likes this.
  19. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Who does the Max Power work? How long will it hold together?
  20. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Call Ron at RB Designs, he could do it, might need to figure a rod out. Crazy Fers. 165 is perfect I tell ya, PERFECT!