Butterfly removal instructions te449 2012

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by Hernan garza, May 13, 2014.

1. Hernan garza Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te445
    Other Motorcycles:
    Crf230
    Hi, i just bought a te 449 and i see in the forums the 2nd butterfly removal, are there any instructions on how to perform this mod? I cant find it any where

Thanks
  2. 9880sts Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE511 2013
    Other Motorcycles:
    GAS GAS EC 300 2006
  3. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    It's real simple. Just pull your side plastics. I also removed all my airbox bolts for some give (with the valve cover on, you can't get the airbox out of the frame, but removing the bolts helps). Loosen the hose clamp that connects to rubber boot to the throttle body. Then pull the rubber boot out of the airbox.
    There are two phillips screws holding the thing on. I closed the butterfly valve manually and stuck my magnet wand in there to catch the screws if I dropped them. Then remove the screws and the valve plate. Put everything back in reverse order. And grease the rubber boot where it pops into the air box.
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Keep in mind this "mod" was a last resort for one member here to try and get his bike to run right. This was done with several other mods. It is not a universal take it out and your bike runs awesome mod. It could in fact make your bike run slightly leaner and make it worse depending on how your bike currently runs. Just want to make that clear. Several have done it with good results, some have not had great results, some saw no difference. Also if your bike is under warranty this will most likely void that. Just making sure you have the whole picture before removing it. You are modifying a stock design so could open a can of worms.
    Dangermouse449 likes this.
  5. Hernan garza Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te445
    Other Motorcycles:
    Crf230
    Thanks very much! Mi bike its running preety good at the moment, so probably i'm not going to perform this mod, also, i know that there is a race map 3 for my 2012, is this true? Can the dealership normaly can flash the ecu?

Sorry but i'm new to huskys and here in mexico there is not that much support.

Thanks for your help
  6. 9880sts Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE511 2013
    Other Motorcycles:
    GAS GAS EC 300 2006
    easy to reflash. takes only minutes.
  7. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    Most dealers can reflash the ecu. The BMW Map #3 is known to the dealers as the "Full Titanium Acrapovic Race Map".
  8. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125

I agree with Motosportz above.
    If it is running well, leave it alone. You are one of the VERY lucky ones :thumbsup:

Most of us have had flameouts/stalling, hanging throttles etc. Enjoy a great bike.