Caduawan race June 2011

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by ray_ray, Jun 23, 2011.

1. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    This is my favorite track here so far ... it has several jumps that are actually step-up or step-downs that are pretty safe ... Big berms in 4 corners with pivot points also, a small whoops set, and a few straight aways to blast down ...

I'm 100% sure now, after riding this track for 4 days before the race, to be a better racer, you gotta commit to practice time in a big way if you are as low on the totem pole as I am as a racer ... Riding the track a day in advance of race helps, but , track riding over a period of time is the ticket to becoming a racer ... To me, there is just a ton of technique to be applied at each corner \ jump to get good at over night ...

Here are a few pics of the track ... Its basically a ridge that has 4-5 lanes that run perpendicular to it and we jump up , down , and over it ...

GEDC0058.JPG
    GEDC0064.JPG
    GEDC0953.JPG
    GEDC0960.JPG
    GEDC0964.JPG
  2. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    The racing ....

Sarge_Caduawan.jpg
    Canduawan_Back_Turn.jpg
    Canduawan_Jump1.jpg
    Canduawan_Jump2.jpg
    Canduawan_Jump3.jpg
  3. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Canduawan_Jump6.jpg
    Canduawan_Jump9.jpg

Canduawan_Jump8.jpg

My_Nemesis.jpg

The spoils ... That 5th place was against the younger guys and I just hung in there for the entire 10 laps and passed one rider on the last lap as he get too tied and another guy crashed on lap 9 ... The 1st place is in the Wanggits class for old guys ... I gotta move up in class I think ... Those 2 plates represent 1/2 my monthly rent here ... makes me wanna race every weekend ...
    GEDC1317.JPG
  4. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

nice job ray [IMG], just think your a pro now gettin paid to race and all lol looks like a good time there for sure. although im kinda concerned about the vehicle shaped haybales they have on the corners there though [IMG]
  5. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    We're all PROs here and parking space was limited :)
    Stroker Ace likes this.
  6. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

is this once a week or more? sounds like a good way to get some fast cash brraaapppp
  7. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    It's yes and no ... There are scheduled series races here that are happening all during the year, on several islands and they get a champion at the end ... The schedule floats I think due to weather ... Then there are local races happening often but not advertised much other than word of mouth ... It's 3rd world here plus I can't really understand all that is happening around me ... I was just amazed that I was handed an envelop with pesos in it ...I'm not sure what this race here was but I think each ~month or two, a race will be held here ... I'm hoping to show improvement on this track during the year if racing continues here on a regular basis ...

I know of 2 races this weekend ...both are on different islands ... The promoter will pay the ferry charge over to one, furnish the gas , some food... maybe some shelter ... sort of like a campout maybe ... Not sure on the second one but I do know the guys running the race ... But in both cases, I have not seen the track and will have only ~1 day at the most to ride them ... So they will really be just a trip to see another island for me if I make it over ... I get all excited over the racing but I'm a trail rider and as some as I hit the mountain trails, I forget about racing .. ;)

These races are a big form of entertainment here ... They'll have a fiesta that is town\community party that is centered around their church or chapel (I think) and build a track specifically for this event for entertainment ... Generates $ for the locals also ...
    WHITEROCKET5.9 likes this.
  8. HuskyT Moderator

Cool Stuff! Keep the pictures and the plates coming...and if one has fried rice and some Lumpia ( spelling?) save some for me!!!

T
  9. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Cool and believe me, there is plenty of rice to go around here for everyone :) ...
  10. WHITEROCKET5.9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

good deal ray, best of luck if you decide to go to the races this weekend!!
  11. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Congratulations on your finishes.:cheers:
    I wish racing was still like this is in the U.S. I remember that it was like that 30-40 (okay, probably closer to 40) years ago here in California. The chamber of commerce put on the Elsinore Grand Prix and the city of Escondido let a local club put on a race at Kit Carson park, with the proceeds going to the actual building of the park. In those days, a racing club member could spot a nice looking pasture or hillside for an event, go knock on the landowners door and ask for permission to hold a race there. The owner would often say yes back then.