Calambua race & ride

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by ray_ray, Apr 16, 2011.

1. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    You'll notice by the track conditions it rained the night before and day of the race :) ... This did little to dampen the Filipino spirit ... I went ahead and entered ($5) to get a cool T-shirt ... And everyone else entered also so I could not back out ... Rode my 08 TXC250 Husky 60 CLKS in the rain and then swapped out my ~street tire for a knobby (another $1) ... 13/48 gearing and I'm ready to race! I also pimped out the Husky to a friend who can out ride me in an effort to generate some income ...

08 TXC250 Husky arrives on scene
    GEDC0804.JPG

And the Husky gets to play in the mud ...I was amazed how much weight the mud adds to a bike ...
    GEDC0836.JPG

Yep, it is just a slick as it looks ... the husky actually pivoted that slimly corner very well
    GEDC0838.JPG

More slime :)
    GEDC0841.JPG

My buddy on the starting line... I am not big on starts but the starting area is usually full of people (ESP kids watching every more) and overall mayhem ... also, that is not fog in the air ...
    GEDC0850.JPG
  2. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    These guys love bike racing and the crowd is right on the track ... I usually get the outside gate to play it safe and normally have to wave the kids \ people back from my line ... It's just too cool ...
    GEDC0877.JPG

That's my right hand man to my clutch hand side ...
    GEDC0889.JPG

My gf snapped this perfectly timed shot of the start ... makes me look like a rookie ... All those riders on the inside had to deal with a bunch of ruts right out the gate about 10ys ... they wanted to have the inside for the right hander leading to the track ... I railed the outside on a much cleaner line and almost got the holeshot (2nd place)
    GEDC0890.JPG

08 TXC250 was ridden home after the race ...
    GEDC0893.JPG

Here are a few of the beverages served there ... ~75 cents a pint for that rum ... The energy drinks behind the rum is ~25 cents ... I really like them ...
    GEDC0792.JPG
  3. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Great report![IMG] I love to see an event like that. It's all about the spirit and the heart of dirt biking, not about bling![IMG][IMG]
  4. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    We blingless here in most cases ... we race for fun and a few pesos :0 ) ... We race again tomorrow ... I'm praying for no rain ....The track tomorrow is a cool track with small jumps, step ups & downs and big berms plus a whoops section! The husky can handle these ...