Calling Tinken

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by robertaccio, Dec 21, 2013.

1. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    I'm still plagued with a pop stall issue on the TXC-R. Its just killing my times. I'm on the back wheel of of the comp and come over a section and pop stall, button no relight glide to bump and continue losing 50 yards in a second, its a pisser. I started with OEM 34 turns out on the idle screw and have tried 30 it starts to lower the idle?, then as far as 40 out it feel really lean?

I know rapid throttle butterfly movement is the culprit.....someone needs to design an Accel Pump-squirter type device for FI systems......

in smooth flowing trails the thing is killer and Im gapping all the crew, tight stuff frustrating when the stall happens, just lose distance so freakin fast when we are on the pipe, those little time killers just piss me off badly after working hard to catch up, follow close or even gap then lose positions in fun and during the Tecate HS I lost hard earned positions as well.

Hoook me up what we need to do?? I used VP 100 Street Blaze DOT legal race fuel to see if she would be better but its the same as with premium pump.
  2. Craigl Husqvarna
    AA Class

I used to get a lot of pop stalls also. I slowly noticed they occurred in out of the normal weather. Either cold and damp or real hot. My fix is to adjust the "Choke Knob" (sorry I don't know what it is officially called). I start with it turned 34 clicks out from tightened position. The first time I get a pop stall I turn it 2 more clicks to the left. If that does not fix it I turn it 4 clicks to the right. One of those 2 settings always fixes the problem. I have to pay more attention to the weather and which direction solves the problem.
    robertaccio likes this.
  3. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    ZipTy Racing called me to go over the issue and when it happens. They are working to resolve the issue, maybe with a powercommander mounted. Super happy with ZTR customer service! Bike is good just needs this one little tweek to reach moto nirvana!
    LandofMotards likes this.