Camansi area on 010 TC250

Discussion in 'Get togethers - Reports' started by ray_ray, Sep 29, 2012.

1. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    I'm not sure how I missed this road\trail for so long as it right off a well traveled road I use often ...

In any event, because I'm just riding around on my 010 TC250 bike that does not have my GPS device mounted, this is more of a just ride type ride, getting used to the new bike ride, and sort of riding the same stuff as I'm used to on my 08 TXC250 and sort of comparing the differences in the 2 bikes ...

This is the top of the first spur before heading off to a lower elevation with a small creek crossing ... I stopped here as I'm not sure when the trail goes after crossing the creek and heading off back up another spur and into the trees .... I hope to finish this trail out in the near future ...
    100_9871.JPG 100_9879.JPG 100_9881.JPG

Looking back where I started from ... That small hut in the middle of the pic is shown in the video just before I climb up the small hills and along the corn rows ...
    100_9884.JPG

This must be some of the farm ground the locals are working there along with all the fenced in stuff on the video. 100_9887.JPG
  2. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    A few more pics ....

From the small hilltop the bike was at, the trail goes into some real ST for about ~200' and a pretty VERT climb and then tapers off into this creek crossing... I walked this out as I usually do before attempting new trails that might be just a 1-way trail and I don't wanna get trapped on the wrong side.
    100_9875.JPG
    100_9876.JPG

This is a shot across the 200' drop into that small valley to the next spur ... If you look close, you can see the trail making a right hand turn and going up that spur ... There has gotta be a road over there and I'll find it next time I'm out there ...
    100_9892.JPG

Dirt was really good here today as it was gummy, but just a little slick ... That's a Kenda K-760 trak master .. Good change it'll meet my knobby knife soon ...
    100_9895.JPG

A few of the locals were out on the way back ... So I stopped and we had a few words ....
    100_9897.JPG
  3. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    The climb up to the first hill top ... The TC250 seems to pull well enough ... I had no real problems on power except I needed to twist the throttle open a little more ... Its a very cool bike to ride...

Part 2 of the small climb to the hill top ..

tshea529 and water racer like this.
  4. water racer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

http://www.knoxenduro.com Knoxville, Tennessee
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Beta 250RR
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 Husqvarna WR125 1997 Fantic
    Cool to see trails from different parts of the world, if we went riding where we saw laundry hanging, I would be afraid of being shot.....
    Apparently reports of the TC250 that would not start were greatly exaggerated!
  5. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I know you mean about the trails leading into houses ... But that's pretty much how the local riders roll here ... If the trail goes past the home, then the trail goes past the house .. Just don't be an idiot when passing thu ... ... Lots of the country side is just walking paths all over the place ... Pretty much all open unless a fence is placed there or a sign ...

If you noticed, that trail keep going at the end down into another valley or just back off that point .. Probably looped back around to their nipa huts and small chapel ...

Killing the bike at that hill top was a total mistake :) ... This bike is a hard starter and I was very happy not to have to roll down the hill to bump it off ... It does seem like it is starting a little better over time I've had it...

Here's what you gotta watch for ... Machetes are used many times to clear the ground ... That hilltop I was on was full of these chopped off weed stems ..
    100_9893.JPG
  6. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I finally made it back into the area to attempt to finish out another trail across this valley ... My good friend James came with this time ... He's on a 125 2t with a 42T rear sprocket as he was hurting ... He did lay down some big time smoke before he stopped progressing down the trail ....

As usual, changes to the area were apparent .... Erected was what appears to be a horse corral for selling horses or having a small rodeo at ... Trail was about the same but bone dry and overgrown .... perfect really ...

Nothing too bad there on the unknown-valley crossing. .. 1 doable LH switchback, 1 gnarly multi-treeroot stepup on a very vertical climb, and then one more ugly rocked out climb up a rock-face of some sort .. Probably a water fall when it rains ... Not too big or long but just-right gnarly ... All the climbs along the way we just right VERT also ...This trail will be a one-way trail running south to north for now...

James on the downside of the 1st climb :(
    101_3223.JPG

Riding yhr same bike as last time ... 2010 TC250 *WA --- New graphics make it look like a real racer and if you watch the videos, you see the bike starts in 5 kicks or less and that is sitting on the hill side a couple times ... This bike needs that hot-start switch on the bars but overall, this bike is an easy starter ...
    101_3236.JPG

Thats also the 18" rear rim off my 08 TXC250 101_3239.JPG

The start of the unknown part of the trail across the valley ... Thats a cool uphill there across that tree trunk ...it just does not come across as such on my camera.
    101_3240.JPG
  7. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Here's a few more pics ...

Another stopping point to catch my breath ...
    101_3245.JPG

This a a small cool section after the gnarlier stuff just below ... 101_3247.JPG 101_3258.JPG

Roll through the MTs on a big bike and you're gonna draw some attention... This aspect is ok with me as someone is always gonna be around to help ... So many here, you can tell I'm close to the main road or something .... 101_3265.JPG
  8. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Few more

These 2 guys were showing me an easier path around the gnarly stuff ... I was too too tired to follow ... I was like the walking dead ...It was a wake-up call that this racing stuff I've been doing is not doing much in the CARDO bucket ....
    101_3260.JPG

These big trees are scattered all over the place ... 101_3261.JPG

That dark hole behind that large tree on the left is the trail and a gnarly rocked area ....There is a line on the extreme that will ride well but has about a 2' stepup to come out of the rock climb ... 101_3264.JPG

The path out to the main road ... I'll go back in here later and roll the entire length going the easier direction ...
    101_3250.JPG
  9. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    On the way back pics ...
    101_3266.JPG

101_3269.JPG 101_3270.JPG

Back home by 11 and dead tired .... ... Those 45s are the cheap stuff here and they have a pretty good taste and kick :)
    101_3278.JPG

The 125 needs work before the next ride and I'll post some video shortly .. DISCLAIMER: Camera angle might be slightly low be I think I am getting the hang of the camera angle finally ..
  10. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    This video shows me dropping off into the valley, crossing the creek at the bottom and the 1st attempt at climbing up and over the first big step-up heading up the other side ...

View: http://youtu.be/0ALeQa9lw-M