1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Can anybody help?????

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by cooper, Dec 6, 2012.

1. cooper Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wre125
    Right my wre125 tried to spit me off today. a little history...........i have recently rebuilt the top end(less than 50 miles ago) with new ring/gaskets and o rings. I have been changing gear just before it gets into the rev band/on the pipe as it needs running in for about 50 miles or so (i was advised this by a Husky dealer).
    Ok theres the history now onto today............I was riding home and the rear wheel locked up on me i pulled in the clutch and slowed down,when i let the clutch out again at just above walking pace it coughed and spluttered untill it came to a stop.After it had stopped i tried releasing the pressure in the fuel cap to see if it would start and it didn't. i then let it cool down( thinking it might of been heat seizure) and it still wouldn't start...called the breakdown people and after 2hrs i thought i'd try it again as it had lots of time to cool down and still nothing, it seems as though it has lost its compression.
    So........my thoughts are either the auto lube isn't working and the cylinder has run dry or possibly the crank case gasket has gone....Any theories or sugestions would be greatly appreciated, or if this has happend to anyone else i would love to know the out come.
    Cheers
    Shaun
  2. Vinduro Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Probably siezed and the rings are stuck. Tear down time
  3. cooper Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wre125
    Ok I think I've found the problem :'(
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Oh the joys!
  4. street2dirt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 TXC310, WR300, 85 125WR, 82 175XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW G650X
    Umm, you said something about the auto-lube quit working?? Are ya using mixed or straight gas?? Just wondering.............
  5. cooper Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wre125
    Sorry what i meant was the auto lube might of failed and caused it, but since taking it apart i have seen oil on the underside ofthe piston and also in the bore, looking at the piston now its out i think it might be fuel mixture that's the cause......anyone care to agree?
  6. Ex HVUK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Looks pretty lean.. What does the plug look like? Should be light brown.

Dave
  7. cooper Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wre125
    Dave its a white ish grey
  8. Ex HVUK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    That would indicate too lean on the jetting or an air leak.

Is the bike derestricted? If so did you change the slide too?

Dave
  9. cooper Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wre125
    I;m not to sure Dave, it went like a stabbed rat! i can tell you that lol. i did change the carb for another 28mm mikuni from a aprillia rs turnuo
  10. gazmcfaza Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    husky wre 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    , yamaha xt 125
    I once bolted a race pipe onto my rx50's derestricted exhaust without changing the carb, firstly the power nearly threw me off [I had only been riding a month!] , then the engine slowly lost compression and died, piston came out looking a lot like yours, maybe this page will help??http://www.smellofdeath.com/lloydy/piston_diag_guide.htm
    Oh, and husky sport mechanic told me that you have to change the slide on wre's as well as changing the jets or you'll have lean seizure, though it might run great for a bit, hence your phrase,'' stabbed rat'' :D
  11. cooper Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wre125
    Cheers Gaz, I'm gonna get mine redone to a144 in the new year