Can I reverse the PowerUp kit from a FI viewpoint

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by OlderHuskyRider, Dec 10, 2010.

1. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 450 - last of the ITA motors
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    If I plug the Lambda probe back into the exhaust pipe, will the ECU start working to adjust the AFR dynamically, so if I ride from 1,000 feet elevation to 12,000 feet elevation, it will automatically lean the AFR?
  2. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    It will go back to the original configuration, whatever that was. The only remnants will be the number of hours that the power up was configured - that is recorded in the ecu, and readable by the iBeat.

I'm not terribly sure how many people have experimented how well the closed loop stock setup works.
  3. danbartol Husqvarna
    AA Class

From what I understand that should not be necessary since even in Power Up mode the system is reading air intake density and adjusting accordingly.

The EFI systems have an atmospheric pressure sensors that compensated for altitude!
  4. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    So you are saying that even in PowerUp mode, I DO HAVE altitude adjustment, my spark plug will not blacken with a too rich condition as I move higher in altitude.
  5. dave35 Husqvarna
    A Class

i think the answer is yes

if you did refit the Lambda probe it would mean refiting the standard exhaust
  6. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    I hope this is the case, I don't WANT to refit the o2 sensor, I just want automatic, on the fly compensation for altitude, which is what I bought an EFI bike for.
  7. HUSKYnXJnWI Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09TE450
    YOU HAVE IT!

NO need to put the o2 sensor back in- THAT does nothing for altitude anyway- ALso it doesn't really "test" your 02 and adjust a/f ratio - its a narrow band 02 sensor not a Wide band like on the PCV with autotune.

Reguardless you'll be fine, the M.A.Q.S. sensors will take care of you. I live in WI (under 1000 feet)- and recently did LAB2V ( palmadale CA to Barstow CA to Vegas) This was through the mountains- we went up and down in elevation- saw snow a bit premature for the season... I had no issue, hicup, nothing indicating- any alt or temp changes. I don't think that was major elevation for many but compared to WI it is.. Bike ran just like it does here- perfect.:thumbsup:
  8. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    Awesome, this is what I was looking for, whew, so relieved, thought I had made yet ANOTHER blunder, among many hundreds .....
  9. MasterChief Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE310 2008 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha SRX600 & XT225
    You can run the lambda probe and an aftermarket exhaust.
  10. nickterc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 610ie
    Wont the mixture become too lean because of the exhaust or the EFI has the ability to adjust the mixture for the new exhaust and up to what ratio?And if it can adjust it why bother removing the O2 sensor?:excuseme:
  11. HUSKYnXJnWI Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09TE450
    It doesn't work that way- This O2 sensor does not adjust air fuel like that- Also I do not believe ANYTHING in the stock efi set up or in PowerUP mode will adjust for an open versus a Closed exhaust- the only thing that could do that is the Power Comander with Auto Tune. Why?: because it uses a wide band o2 sensor and tests AFR- the stock o2 sensor is a Narrow band 02 sensor= Totally different system than your car- which confuses people that use their auto efi knowledge- cars use a wide band O2 from my understanding.

Removing the stock O2 sensor, puts the efi system into a different mode- that mode is better for performance. Think of the stock mode as simply an "epa" or efficiant mode- it trims fuel if it "thinks" it can and because it is "trying" to do that it hesitates. Throttle response is diminished significantly by this "thinking' and sometimes it "thinks' too slow for conditions and also incorrectly- NO problem if you are just cruising to the grocery store but if you are riding a cliff's edge its a whole different story.